Tennessee Tech Postgame Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Archie is worried about having shooting out there. If he is starting Trayce and Race then he needs a shooter (Al is our best spot up shooter). I was surprised Armaan started...thought it would be Rob, Al, Lander. Lander is not a pure shooter so I think Archie wants to balance the guards. I did like the pace and ball movement when both Khristian and Rob was playing together.

Agreed. Give me Lander Rob and Leal/Jerome.. TJD at the 4 and Brunk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Candystripes_56 said:

Agreed, but if his roll changes to stretch 4........

I’m not following...and not trying to argue but what does explosion have to do with being a stretch 4? Jerome is not going to throw down monster jams, or fly around the court. He just isn’t that type of player. He is a good shooter though and he has a nice little jumper...his best shot in HS was him coming off a curl and hitting 12 footers all day over people. He showed some scoring in the post tonight so I was happy. He won’t be a Trayce down there nor a Justin smith oop guy.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at Archie's Dayton teams and the worse they shot was 34.5 and the best was 39.5.  So it is not like his Dayton teams were horrible shooting teams.

Out of curiosity, what did Arch's Dayton teams shoot from the FT line?

Just my 2 cents. Archie has about 8-9 moving parts and a long time to figure out things before January. If we get there. I'm seeing plenty of 2002 team here down the road. I guess some will point out 2-3 shots make it a 40 point half?? I know Lander is the deal. I know Galloway is too. I also know JG is as well. Going to be a fun ride with this crew because they have the makings of a special squad down the road.

PS....loved it when Archie said to TJD going into the timeout basically that's how good you are.....tell them you wan the ball. 

It’s the first game and rust and adjustment is to be expected. I can’t lie though, that 2nd half took some of the wind out of my sails. I really hoped to see improvement in our shooting. The prolonged scoring draught conjured up bad memories of the last few years. Let’s work the kinks out and get ready for a decent Providence team on Monday. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I looked at Archie's Dayton teams and the worse they shot was 34.5 and the best was 39.5.  So it is not like his Dayton teams were horrible 3 point shooting teams.

But it isn’t great either....especially when they are typically around 200 in nation in attempts. If you aren’t shooting many I’d expect you to hit a really really good percentage. That said it we haven’t shot well at IU since he has been here. It might not have cost him games at Dayton but if we dont improve (and we still can obviously) it will cost us games in the B1G. You won’t score 60 pts in the paint in the B1G like we did tonight. Let’s hope it was opening game jitters.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not following...and not trying to argue but what does explosion have to do with being a stretch 4? Jerome is not going to throw down monster jams, or fly around the court. He just isn’t that type of player. He is a good shooter though and he has a nice little jumper...his best shot in HS was him coming off a curl and hitting 12 footers all day over people. He showed some scoring in the post tonight so I was happy. He won’t be a Trayce down there nor a Justin smith oop guy.

I was happy with the inside scoring as well. Had a nice shot for 3 also. 

Simply saying explosion, no hyperbole dunks etc.. Just not impressed how he was moving on the court 

2 minutes ago, Candystripes_56 said:

I was happy with the inside scoring as well. Had a nice shot for 3 also. 

Simply saying explosion, no hyperbole dunks etc.. Just not impressed how he was moving on the court 

Gotcha...well get used to it. That’s as good as you will see him move. He doesn’t have another gear. If you want that you will have to hope for Geronimo to get the ball in the open floor. Justin Smith was that type of player...I’d take Hunters below the rim game any day.

Just now, BDB said:

That’s stuff that should be worked on in the off season.  

Yep...maybe we shot poorly tonight but the offseason work is where the improvement would have come. I think we can shoot better but I have no dulusions that we are going to be a great shooting team. None of our guys are natural shooters. There isn’t a Hulls or Cline or whom ever you want to use. This is a team I think might get streaky at best...but will never be great from deep.

I loved Galloway's motor, hustle, and court awareness. (Might have another McBob on our hands, only with more talent)

Loved Rob's shooting improvement. Hit 3 straight 3's at one point. Never did that last year.

Lander was a good facilitator. I liked Hunter's improvement from last year. He was better defensively.

Tons of rust for the offense. I think a lot of that will get shaken off next week for the "Maui Classic". We took pretty good shots for the most part. A nice change from last year, when we would force up a bad shot at the end of the shot clock. Pace of play was much better IMO.

Need to work on defensive switching. Got beat (esp 2nd half) when we switched, then switched back.

I doubt Archie plays all 11 guys next week. At least not as many minutes as they all got tonite.

Archived