Tennessee Tech Postgame Thread

KDB

13 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

At times yes. But it doesn’t matter if you get the look you want if you can’t hit the shot. The defense is only going to get better we face. Literally this is probably the worst D we will face.  

This was yet another example of not playing a complete game something we have seen for years. Against big ten competition. You have to play 40 minutes

This should be an opponent where every you dominate from end to end without trying.  

We won by 30 and the game was never in question after the first 10 minutes. Were you expecting us to go on a big run to blow the game open before the first tv timeout? 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

“Ahh an opinion I disagree with must be a troll”

One run doesn’t mean crap. This was the 316th ranked team.  Those game should have been us imposing our will.  1 good run and then struggling is basically Archies playbook. 

I countered your opinion with facts.  

I missed the drought, ran down stairs for a snack.  Came back up and TT had scored about 17.  How long was our drought?

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

So what if a few people shot well?  This is a team sport. 

You wanna talk ignoring stuff

Let’s talk about the last 3 years we have struggled shooting/scoring against cupcakes. And the issue didn’t work itself out. It was on full display in the big ten season. 

Keep on proving my point. Your credibility is tanking along with your observations. Carry on.

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

So, why bother to watch?  If it's the same bad movie with a bad director, bad actors, lousy storyline... then geez guy, turn it off...or turn to another channel.  Why torture yourself??  Or is it that you enjoy being critical?

I love this team and I want them to get better.  And until people stop accepting it we won’t get better.  The solution isn’t to give up. 

For 8 years people accepted Creans crappy brand of basketball. Archie has his own unique crappy brand but until he either fixes it or people stop accepting it we are never going forward as a program.  

Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Keep on proving my point. Your credibility is tanking along with your observations. Carry on.

Heard the same nonsense directed towards me when I was worried last year, and the year before and the year before. 

When we are 11th in conference again maybe you can admit the signs were there all along 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So what if a few people shot well?  This is a team sport. 

You wanna talk ignoring stuff

Let’s talk about the last 3 years we have struggled shooting/scoring against cupcakes. And the issue didn’t work itself out. It was on full display in the big ten season. 

We scored 89 and made 56% of our shots. I don't think any rational person would say we struggled to score. 

We didn't shoot well from deep, but a couple guys we can reasonably expect to be among our better shooters went 2-9 combined. You act as if we need to shoot like the Warriors to compete at a high level...

It’s the first game. In unprecedented circumstances. Without a raucous AH crowd that would have undoubtedly further helped us. 

If you can’t see how this team is set up better than years past then you’re being willfully dense. The freshmen came in and made immediate impacts, and fit with the rest of this team extremely well. 
The ball was constantly moving, and the pace was faster than I’ve seen in awhile. The only thing to possibly harp on here is FT shooting.

Give it a rest

I wasn’t expecting it. But it’s what a good team would have done. Look at Illinois yesterday 

You keep cherry picking Illinois as the standard, why are they the standard? Why wouldn't we look at Wisconsin, Michigan State, UCLA, Michigan, Iowa, or almost any other team that had their game play out in a similar or worse fashion than us? 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

I love this team and I want them to get better.  And until people stop accepting it we won’t get better.  The solution isn’t to give up. 

For 8 years people accepted Creans crappy brand of basketball. Archie has his own unique crappy brand but until he either fixes it or people stop accepting it we are never going forward as a program. 

And your complaints can change exactly what? 

18 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes you are, as is obvious to everyone reading your posts. Who cares what the team was ranked? No one expected a tough game, what people who actually care are doing is evaluating how guys played, for plusses and minuses. All you do is bitch and complain. Still haven't acknowledged Rob's shooting, Hunter's shooting and play, Galloway's strong transition game on full display, that Al, who shot poorly at 1-5 is atypical for him (and CAM recently called him the most consistently good  shooter because, you know, he is) and that he otherwise had a strong game, because you know, he did. You can't or won't acknowledge any of that because then you couldn't bitch and moan. 

Exactly...

Freshmen played a collective 55 minutes. 

Archie said in the post game if the game was thought to be a challenge, Joey would have played. People beeyotching about a game like this I guess don't understand the concept of shuffling lineups, getting players time, and seeing how the freshmen play in their first game.

Good Lord...

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You keep cherry picking Illinois as the standard, why are they the standard? Why wouldn't we look at Wisconsin, Michigan State, UCLA, Michigan, Iowa, or almost any other team that had their game play out in a similar or worse fashion than us? 

They had an opponent that was almost as bad as ours. Most reflective sample 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We scored 89 and made 56% of our shots. I don't think any rational person would say we struggled to score. 

We didn't shoot well from deep, but a couple guys we can reasonably expect to be among our better shooters went 2-9 combined. You act as if we need to shoot like the Warriors to compete at a high level...

We played one of the worst defensive teams in the country. And we are bragging about scoring less than 90 points. Lol we got problems. 

We get IU basketball back(I still think it’ll be a challenge to finish the season due to Covid) and we are complaining and arguing over what should have been an exhibition game had Covid not effected college basketballs scheduling. This forum truly is like siblings arguing over which toy is who’s after what should have been an exhibition game in the first place lol

just be glad we’re past the days of losing a buy in game like UNLV yesterday. 

you can only prep so much against each other in scrimmages. Let’s see how the Maui ala Asheville Invitation goes. There’s some solid teams there that we play. 

If enough people get upset and vocal a coach gets fired. Or gets on the hot seat and abandons what hasn’t worked for 3+ years. One or the other. 

I'm curious...how do you intend to influence the majority of the fan base to put pressure on Archie, when you appear to be having a very difficult time convincing a few guys on a message board?

Just now, IUFLA said:

Exactly...

0Freshmen played a collective 55 minutes. 

Archie said in the post game if the game was thought to be a challenge, Joey would have played. People beeyotching about a game like this I guess don't understand the concept of shuffling lineups, getting players time, and seeing how the freshmen play in their first game.

Good Lord...

A real positive here was just the ability to have those multiple lineups and give the guys the minutes for the staff to see them live and then to go back and watch the film. We won't see a lineup of all 4 frosh on the floor again like that, but was great to see/watch how they picked right up from (most) of their IE days showing the chemistry that's already there. 's 

CAM's post-game comments on Galloway, for example, are exactly what I saw last night - he's really strong in transition and finishing at the rim, but has work to do defensively, and on the glass / with strength. CAM also commented on how we're playing smaller and getting out in transition and that that is going to hurt us on the glass at times and is something to address, but also the opportunity to see who played well at game speed and who struggled a bit and where, that's what it's all about.

Not a lot of talk about Franklin last night, because he did struggle in that starting group for a bit. He settled down later but when we came out of the gate he wasn't fully ready and it's not clear that that lineup will work. But that's not to say he's bad or not ready generally it's about the lineups and where he will fit best. Lander will be in the 3-guard look sooner than later, that kid really moves well and in control / with floor vision, but CAM sees the areas he needs work on because he's a young frosh and is getting adjusted to the speed of the college game, and he'll get worked in.

12 hours ago, IUrocker said:

Just based off how things looked tonight I think my favorite lineup would be: Lander, Rob, Galloway, Hunter, TJD. 

just based off what i saw (1st half), i would agree, but i don't think that will be our best lineup.  that would be my first team in today's practice though.  someone would have to step up in practice and clearly take a spot from someone else or they would start the next game.

Archived