'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

Still don't understand some coaches.  San Francisco up 3 with 1.30 left and they  just dribbled the clock out until about 8 seconds and had to take a 30 foot shot. Then UVA goes down and scored to cut it to one.  Why not just run your normal offense that had been working and getting good shots.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

San Francisco 32-28.  So far Gonzaga is by far the best team I have seen this week

I haven't seen much basketball yet, but I did watch some of Gonzaga vs Auburn.  Boy, the Zags are fun to watch.  Disciplined with terrific bb IQ... and good shooters.  Few is such an exceptional coach.  Love how he/they recruit and build a roster.  Minimal OAD type players from what I've seen, so they always seem to have good experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I haven't seen much basketball yet, but I did watch some of Gonzaga vs Auburn.  Boy, the Zags are fun to watch.  Disciplined with terrific bb IQ... and good shooters.  Few is such an exceptional coach.  Love how he/they recruit and build a roster.  Minimal OAD type players from what I've seen, so they always seem to have good experience.

They have a freshman this year that is a definite one and done player

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand some coaches.  San Francisco up 3 with 1.30 left and they  just dribbled the clock out until about 8 seconds and had to take a 30 foot shot. Then UVA goes down and scored to cut it to one.  Why not just run your normal offense that had been working and getting good shots.

Yeah, but that was a pretty bogus call against USF when they were up by 5, UVA tried to steal the ball and they got called for an offensive foul.

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

IDK. To me they always resemble a semi-pro team with rented international players 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/no-2-gonzaga-gets-boost-from-international-contingent

Edited by 13th&Jackson