'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

5 minutes ago, DWB said:

Retired down here in SC about 11 years ago. The whole state is nice. Charleston gets flooded easy like N'Orleans, but there are a lot of nice places to visit and live. We happen to live in Aiken (west side of the state, not far from Augusta, GA)

Spent a week on Myrtle Beach in the summer one year.  The humidity was horrid. Stayed inside except for early mornings, and late late at night. I am glad you like it.  However I could not live there. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I recall watching golf tournaments on Hilton Head on tv.  That's about I know about HH.

Hey Scott.  Hope you are doing better.... and staying safe.

Thanks it is going alright. HH is a beautiful place and if you love golf it is a great place.  If you go in the summer it is very hot and humid and I never gave felt heat like that.  We always had to go on vacation the first two weeks of July because my dad's work shutdown then.

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Thanks it is going alright. HH is a beautiful place and if you love golf it is a great place.  If you go in the summer it is very hot and humid and I never gave felt heat like that.  We always had to go on vacation the first two weeks of July because my dad's work shutdown then.

Yes, I am a beautiful place. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DWB said:

Retired down here in SC about 11 years ago. The whole state is nice. Charleston gets flooded easy like N'Orleans, but there are a lot of nice places to visit and live. We happen to live in Aiken (west side of the state, not far from Augusta, GA)

Love Upstate SC. Clear lakes, trout streams and mountains as a backdrop 

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Best description I’ve heard of Asheville is “Appalachian hippies”. When I was there, people were shooting up in a park downtown in the middle of the day. My first reaction to Asheville was, “so this is where all the unemployed liberal arts grads go”.

On the other hand, Greenville SC, about 90 miles from AVille is really nice.

Not an unfair assessment but man is the Biltmore a sight to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Best description I’ve heard of Asheville is “Appalachian hippies”. When I was there, people were shooting up in a park downtown in the middle of the day. My first reaction to Asheville was, “so this is where all the unemployed liberal arts grads go”.

On the other hand, Greenville SC, about 90 miles from AVille is really nice.

Agreed. Been there a few times and outside the Biltmore, the beautiful mountains, and chimney rock it is indeed forgettable. Lots of pot heads from my experience and smelly hippies selling homemade soap and hemp trinkets.

51 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

UT and Villanova in a 2-point game with about a min in 1st 

By my count 19 top 100 kids playing for these 2...Texas with 11 and Villanova with 8...

Villanova is only shooting 41% for the game, but they move the ball, shoot better from outside, than we do and play D too...

A couple of quality teams...

Edited by IUFLA

9 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

the outlook on Asheville is really surprising.  much different from how i have experienced it and how i would describe it.  i love it there.  Hilton Head is pretty awesome.  have had many great times in Myrtle Beach as well.  to each their own.  

It’s partly perspective. I was there evaluating possible retirement destinations. It was ruled out quickly. I’ve had great trips to New Orleans and Vegas, but I wouldn’t live in either 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s partly perspective. I was there evaluating possible retirement destinations. It was ruled out quickly. I’ve had great trips to New Orleans and Vegas, but I wouldn’t live in either 

We are strongly considering Hendersonville, NC... about a half hour south of Asheville and a really great little town