'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

10 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I didn’t know where else to put this thought.

i know it’s a weird year, but does no one else thinks it’s kinda bull crap that Florida canceled several games because their star player is out?

I guess the only counter I can think of is that the kid had covid earlier and if there are fears that it caused this, then being overly careful makes sense. But, if doctors are not telling them that, then I agree.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

That was Knight sending a message to team IIRC. listened to it while working at Ponderosa in Bloomington 

Yep. Benched the starters because they were playing like crap. Unfortunately, the 2nd unit was considerably worse, but Knight didn't care...message sent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Don't know if it is a lack of confidence but I see way to many players pass up open jumpers to drive into the lane for contested shots.

see i disagree with this concept.  if everyone is shooting poorly from 3, shouldn't they pass them up and drive to the basket or at least get a higher percentage shot?

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

see i disagree with this concept.  if everyone is shooting poorly from 3, shouldn't they pass them up and drive to the basket or at least get a higher percentage shot?

I am not talking about just IU but saw it like 3 times in a few minutes if the OSU and UCLA game.  The thing is what I am talking about giving up a wife open shot from outside for a contested shot at the basket