'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

2 minutes ago, BDB said:

No one is happy with 5-4 but to say we are one of the most disappointing is a stretch.  I would say looking at the schedule most thought we would be 6-3.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BDB said:

i can't read the article for some reason, but i'd argue that we aren't disappointing.  experts thought we'd be 8th in the B1G and unranked.  we're 5-4 and 11th in the conference.  is that newsworthy?  unless they mean the state of our program, but not this season particularly.  now KY came in highly ranked and are 1-6 and unranked.  that is very disappointing.  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No one is happy with 5-4 but to say we are one of the most disappointing is a stretch.  I would say looking at the schedule most thought we would be 6-3.

agreed.  i would say we were not supposed to win TX, FSU, or Illinois.  had we won NW, could we really even say disappointing at all?  let alone among the most disappointing.  we are what was expected.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i can't read the article for some reason, but i'd argue that we aren't disappointing.  experts thought we'd be 8th in the B1G and unranked.  we're 5-4 and 11th in the conference.  is that newsworthy?  unless they mean the state of our program, but not this season particularly.  now KY came in highly ranked and are 1-6 and unranked.  that is very disappointing.  

image.jpeg.09c31bacfd992b8b5c32d05b99f6d0de.jpeg

Just now, rico said:

Best team in the SEC?

Absolutely imo. Arkansas hasn’t played anyone, Mizzou showed what they were last night, Kentucky will turn it around and win some. I think bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida have some talent, but pales in comparison to the Vols. I feel they should win the sec by 2-3 games this year. And Barnes recruiting keeps getting better too. Heck of a job he’s done there. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Absolutely imo. Arkansas hasn’t played anyone, Mizzou showed what they were last night, Kentucky will turn it around and win some. I think bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida have some talent, but pales in comparison to the Vols. I feel they should win the sec by 2-3 games this year. And Barnes recruiting keeps getting better too. Heck of a job he’s done there. 

Well I hope UT kicks the shiite out of UK 3 times.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierinbham said:

You think Texas would like to have Barnes and Mack Brown back?  Consistent top-10 teams in both sports and they wear out their welcome.

Always more to the story, but wow.  Hope we get the opportunity to become complacent with top-10 teams in both sports soon!

I'm here in Texas and never understood canning Barnes. He had them in the tourney every year -- as in every single year (I think except 2012). He got them Kevin Durant. At one point he was UT's all-time winningest coach. He had at least 20 wins, usually more, almost every season. They were always competing at the top of the Big 12. But they couldn't beat KU, KU always would win the Big 12, and kind of like Crean Barnes wasn't getting them past the SW16, so the admin got greedy and pushed Barnes out. Not well thought out, Barnes is a very good recruiter and a good long-term proven bball coach in a football state. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Did we have a connection?

We were recruiting him at one point, I believe mentioned in his top 10 at least.

He's originally from Pennsylvania, so perhaps Archie has a connection there.

He's still not in the transfer portal, but Huggins did say he won't be back this season.  So maybe transferring is inevitable.