'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Georgia lost at home to Auburn 95-77. It appears he is coaching his defense well down there.  They are 7-4 overall but 0-4 in the SEC.

I didn't think Auburn was that good this year...yikes.  

I wish Tom the best, but man...you've got to play SOME defense to win.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

TT just beat UT on a last second 3 to win 80-77

I think there is enough data that Beard taking them to the Championship was no fluke. He is a legit coach at a second tier (recruiting wise) Big 12 school. He has taken that program and successfully made them a perineal top 25 team.

Like it or not if Archie can’t get this program over the hump in the next year or so he will be high on the list I’m sure.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think there is enough data that Beard taking them to the Championship was no fluke. He is a legit coach at a second tier (recruiting wise) Big 12 school. He has taken that program and successfully made them a perineal top 25 team.

Like it or not if Archie can’t get this program over the hump in the next year or so he will be high on the list I’m sure.

I still crack up when I look at the rankings and see all those Texas schools in them.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I still crack up when I look at the rankings and see all those Texas schools in them.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Crazy huh? And no Indiana school in the top 25. Heck Texas A&M isn’t terrible either. Texas like Michigan going from football state to basketball state lol!

Texas produces a huge amount of basketball talent every year...for 2021 they have 5 of the top 100 kids...for 2022 they have 10 of the top 100 (according to 247)...3 5 stars and 7 4 stars...So they have the talent, it's just high school basketball here isn't a big deal like football is...

Carsen Edwards went to high school about 12 miles from where I live, and I never heard of him til he got to Purdue...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Texas produces a huge amount of basketball talent every year...for 2021 they have 5 of the top 100 kids...for 2022 they have 10 of the top 100 (according to 247)...3 5 stars and 7 4 stars...So they have the talent, it's just high school basketball here isn't a big deal like football is...

Carsen Edwards went to high school about 12 miles from where I live, and I never heard of him til he got to Purdue...

Texas is huge - they will have a lot people good at almost anything...

• Like 2