'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It could in human committee eyes but I don’t know that for a fact. I just know that the NET factors in double digit wins/losses.

I have read where some coaches will call a timeout down 10 with just a few seconds to go to get into single digits.  

We had a coach do just that against IU earlier this season. I think it was against Butler.

Edited by go_iu_bb

4 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

We had a coach do just that against IU earlier this season. I think it was against Butler.

I was disappointed we didn’t do something at the end of one of our games to keep that from happening it might have been the Butler game. I mentioned it in the post game thread and was told we wouldn’t be a bubble team this year so not to worry about it. 

7 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I was disappointed we didn’t do something at the end of one of our games to keep that from happening it might have been the Butler game. I mentioned it in the post game thread and was told we wouldn’t be a bubble team this year so not to worry about it. 

The same thing happened against Maryland. We had the ball and a 10 point lead with 29 seconds left. All we had to do was get the ball across halfcourt and run out the clock. But of course, we turned it over and they got a layup. 

50 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

That’s it. Butler didn’t sound right.  It was MD. 

Butler, too. IU was up 68-57 with 22 seconds left and Butler called a timeout so they could run a play to get the difference under 10. I just watched that again to check.

Maryland was playing a full court press at the end which caused the turnover but didn't call a timeout to draw up a play.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I watched a lot of the 2nd half...

I already had a huge amount of respect for Leonard Hamilton, but something the announcers mentioned increased it...

Said Hamilton vets recruits more thoroughly than most, and if they have a handler or someone "representing them" he drops the recruitment immediately...no one is going to interfere in his program...

Kudos, Coach Hamilton...

Good coach, better man.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

NCAA announces dates for preliminary March Madness rounds (espn.com)

Dates for this years tournament.  It is Friday-Monday for the first/second round instead of Thursday-Sunday.  Also the first four will be played on Thursday the day before the 1st round.  Don't know why they changed the format that has worked for years.

Think the Hoosiers will make it in??