'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Oats could end up being a great hire.  I need to see another season though.  Good thing is that we aren't likely to have an opening until next year. 

AL defines living and dying by the 3. On the season they average over 30 attempts per game and are shooting 36%.

In their three losses (Stanford, Clemson, W KY), they shot 17-77.

12 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Oats could end up being a great hire.  I need to see another season though.  Good thing is that we aren't likely to have an opening until next year. 

Agreed. Id like to see him without the greatest 3pt shooter his university has ever had and a little more. Bad thing is his agent would be an idiot if he doesn’t turn this season into an extension for him making it harder to buy him out.

much like the dolphins do every year. I follow the last undefeated teams. Baylor looks real good. Gonzaga looks unstoppable most of the time. Any thoughts?

Baylor will more than likely get tripped up once or twice within the big 12, but Gonzaga would have to lose in the tournament. Normally i would say no big deal, but they played a tough non conference and easily handled 5 (if you include Auburn at the time) top 25 teams.

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

much like the dolphins do every year. I follow the last undefeated teams. Baylor looks real good. Gonzaga looks unstoppable most of the time. Any thoughts?

Baylor will more than likely get tripped up once or twice within the big 12, but Gonzaga would have to lose in the tournament. Normally i would say no big deal, but they played a tough non conference and easily handled 5 (if you include Auburn at the time) top 25 teams.

I expect Gonzaga to be undefeated when they stroll into Indy

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess this national news....but Baumgart on Twitter is suggesting or saying that Evansville might shut down athletics including hoops. One of the many reasons he listed was pending lawsuit with Walter's actions. Money the school doesn't have,etc...

It’s strange right now down here, UE wants to build a new $60 million athletic center and new dorms. However, planning to cut around 20 majors and a lot of faculty members 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

It’s strange right now down here, UE wants to build a new $60 million athletic center and new dorms. However, planning to cut around 20 majors and a lot of faculty members 

The Evansville I remember was much different. What's the vibe there between students/city,etc...?Are they wanting to become a commuter school or trying the IUPUI route where they changed from commuter school to a very large on campus student population?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

The Evansville I remember was much different. What's the vibe there between students/city,etc...?Are they wanting to become a commuter school or trying the IUPUI route where they changed from commuter school to a very large on campus student population?

They want to compete with USI, since USI is growing pretty fast( will be D1 in the next 4 years). UE is pretty close to a lot of places in the city, literally off of Lloyd, they’ve also finished renovating part of Walnut to make it nicer 

• Like 1