'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They already beat them by 25 points

I think it was 86-69, but still not really close. Just looking at their conference, BYU seems like the next best team. They are 48 in KenPom, then San Fran at 73 and St Mary's at 80. Gonzaga always manages to lose one conference game they probably shouldn't

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think it was 86-69, but still not really close. Just looking at their conference, BYU seems like the next best team. They are 48 in KenPom, then San Fran at 73 and St Mary's at 80. Gonzaga always manages to lose one conference game they probably shouldn't

I watched some of it and thought they were up by 20+ points but didn't see the end.

So, I'm sitting here with some rare down time for both me and my 17 year old son.  He's a bball junkie, so I knew we'd put any game on as we sit here.  I looked at what the best ones would be at noon.  23 UConn vs 11 Creighton looked pretty good.  Kansas vs OK looked pretty good.  He insisted on unranked Auburn vs unranked SC.  When I try to argue, he explains it's because Auburn has some freshman stud.  Again, it helps put in perspective to me that this generation would rather watch a game because of one outstanding player in a meaningless game than two good teams playing for something.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

So, I'm sitting here with some rare down time for both me and my 17 year old son.  He's a bball junkie, so I knew we'd put any game on as we sit here.  I looked at what the best ones would be at noon.  23 UConn vs 11 Creighton looked pretty good.  Kansas vs OK looked pretty good.  He insisted on unranked Auburn vs unranked SC.  When I try to argue, he explains it's because Auburn has some freshman stud.  Again, it helps put in perspective to me that this generation would rather watch a game because of one outstanding player in a meaningless game than two good teams playing for something.   

I am watching the KU and Oklahoma game and OK is up 24-18

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

My 16 year old son is very similar.  We obviously agree on IU, but other than that, we watch games for totally different reasons.  He watches players and not teams as well.  I used to watch everything, but the last several years, I've tended to stick to the Big Ten.  Villanova is a team I like to watch if they are playing someone decent.  And, I might watch 5-10 minutes of a Butler game if they are on.  Otherwise, if it's not Big Ten, I'm just not that interested until tournament time.