'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

This Oklahoma and TT game is hard to watch.  TT is up 12-8 with 10 minutes to go in the half. I know he has won but Beards offense is not very good.  It is all one on one and a lot of bad 3's taken and guys standing around.  Everybody would like him to be coach here but we would complain about his offense ad well.

Edited by IU Scott

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This Oklahoma and TT game is hard to watch.  TT is up 12-8 with 10 minutes to go in the half. I know he has won but Beards offense is not very good.  It is all one on one and a lot of bad 3's taken and guys standing around.  Everybody would like him to be coach here but we would complain about his offense ad well.

If these are 2 of the top 13 teams in the country it is not a good sign for college basketball.

This offense brutal and the announcers talk about how neither team is getting good shots.  The reason they can't get any shots are that the offense doesn't try to get guys open.  Instead of guys coming off screens and player movement the offense is relying on guys to get themselves open by dribbling.

College basketball needs to make some big changes to how they run offenses or they will eventually lose a lot of fans.  They need to move the clock back to 45 seconds because at 30 we see way to many shot clock violations or rushed shots at the end of the clock. They need to stop using analytics since it is killing the offensive game.  It days it is more effecient which is totally BS.  If it was so effecient why is scoring and shooting a lot worse than before.  Just shooting 3's or going all the way to rim is so good day to guard and don't have to make the defense work.

I think one reason why our offense was so good under RMK was that it wore the other team out.  By the second half with all the movement and running through screen after screen just wears a defense out.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The difference with Beard is he changed up his offense to suit the players he has. He ran a ton of motion and movement a couple years ago. Now he has a couple guards that are more dynamic off the dribble and he adjusts. Not saying he is perfect but he makes adjustments but overall they win a lot more then they lose.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The difference with Beard is he changed up his offense to suit the players he has. He ran a ton of motion and movement a couple years ago. Now he has a couple guards that are more dynamic off the dribble and he adjusts. Not saying he is perfect but he makes adjustments but overall they win a lot more then they lose.

That offense is so good it has scored 18 points and shooting 27 percent in 17 minutes.

Don't get me wrong I would take him ad our coach but we wouldn't see a high scoring offensive team. It would look like what Archie wants wherever ate a defensive team but Beard had won at a higher level

Edited by IU Scott

17 hours ago, rico said:

Interesting article here on the Big East and other national notes:

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/abandoning-big-east-has-been-disaster-for-syracuse-notre-dame/

I listened to a little bit of Mike Brey talking eary this morning.  He likes how his Irish are playing right now.  

Could they come from the abyss and make the tournament?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That offense is so good it has scored 18 points and shooting 27 percent in 17 minutes.

Don't get me wrong I would take him ad our coach but we wouldn't see a high scoring offensive team. It would look like what Archie wants wherever ate a defensive team but Beard had won at a higher level

I wouldnt say the offense is so good...Texas tech is like us...they hang their hat on their defense...but their offense is very flexible in that I’ve seen them make big changes based on personal. Don’t you want your coach to be able to adjust to his players? The thing is it’s Texas Tech...very hard to just have one system and always land recruits that will fit it. Beard talks a lot about roster management and transfers...so he seems to understand the current landscape very well and is doing a good job at a second tier school in a premier conference. No doubt they aren’t lighting it up. I mean if you want Crean 2.0 you go with Nate Oats.

57 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

really not happy to see TX down 7 to Baylor

I bet UK thinks they could have won that game last Saturday. Funny how they play this week and Cal is saying no one will be out because of Covid...quickest quarantine I’ve ever seen. Funny how they only miss one day...the game vs Texas.