'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It's his alma mater...But for some reason they're not getting the guy who coached at Pitt...Difference in the ACC and Big 12?

He's got 3 top 100 kids on his roster now...But that pales in comparison to the top tier of the Big 12 (save Oklahoma)...

It is not like Baylor is full of top 50 kids either.  two of their main players were transfers from Presbyterian and UNC Asheville.  They have another transfer from Auburn so they have gotten kids from a lot of different backgrounds.

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, IU Scott said:

It i snot like Baylor is full of top 50 kids either.  two of their main players were transfers from Presbyterian and UNC Asheville.  They have another transfer from Auburn so they have gotten kids from a lot of different backgrounds.

The wave of the future....

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is not like Baylor is full of top 50 kids either.  two of their main players were transfers from Presbyterian and UNC Asheville.  They have another transfer from Auburn so they have gotten kids from a lot of different backgrounds.

They have 6 top 100 kids on their current roster...

Good week for IU so far. They moved up in the NET into the low 40s, and last night Rutgers and Wisconsin both lost. That puts them within striking range of overtaking them. It would require IU really getting on a streak but it's within the realm of possibility.

Getting to the 6 or 7 seed and the other side of the bracket can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. But overall, avoiding that 8/9 game and a rested Michigan team the next day seems like a good goal at this point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

He sure does like to offer up opinions on things not related to him. I can understand why making nice with a guy like Coach K has it's benefits but why Georgetown last year? Guess I would have to hear how the question or comments were solicited by radio host.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

He sure does like to offer up opinions on things not related to him. I can understand why making nice with a guy like Coach K has it's benefits but why Georgetown last year? Guess I would have to hear how the question or comments were solicited by radio host.

I would like to ask him how his good buddy, Bernie Fine, is doing these days.  Boeheim's takes mean nothing to me.

• Like 1

Watching a lot of games I just don't understand why so many players have trouble scoring inside right around the basket.  I see very few pump fakes to get the defense off balance or any real post moves.  it is just dribbling your defender down to the basket and then just throws the ball up hoping it goes in.  Players just aren't able or comfortable playing with their back to the basket.  The one of the best I have seen is a 6'6 player in Liddell of OSU.

It is so surprising to me that Mark Few can still bring in so many great players playing in that conference.  To me it would get a little boring for the Gonzaga players to have 18 games that they have no competition. As a competitor you would think you would want to play against the best players and programs.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Watching a lot of games I just don't understand why so many players have trouble scoring inside right around the basket.  I see very few pump fakes to get the defense off balance or any real post moves.  it is just dribbling your defender down to the basket and then just throws the ball up hoping it goes in.  Players just aren't able or comfortable playing with their back to the basket.  The one of the best I have seen is a 6'6 player in Liddell of OSU.

I agree. If you watched the game closely today. TJD missed at least 10 shots in the paint today. Yes he got fouled on many of them but still had the ball in his hand a foot from the rim and could not get it to fall. 

• Like 1