'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

If Gonzaga doesn’t play in their conference tournament I would put them on the 2 line for trying to gain the system. And if they lie about Covid then I’d put them on probation next year too. I don’t like people trying to gain the system. NCAA owns the tournament so they can do what they please.

Ran across this and thought it was a cool story.  Coach starts all 9 seniors on the team.  Feels honoring their accomplishments was worth the ensuing technical.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/why-the-hope-college-women-e2-80-99s-basketball-team-started-nine-players-against-kalamazoo-college/ar-BB1e4SHV?ocid=uxbndlbing

A little more in-depth story here.

https://www.hollandsentinel.com/story/sports/2021/02/27/hope-women-honor-9-seniors-coast-42nd-straight-win/6854913002/

Edited by 5fouls

This Baylor WV game was a pleasure to watch. One of the best college games I’ve watched all year. Easy to root for either in the tournament. I will say this....some questionable foul calls on both teams at the end that never ever ever would be called in B1G. They let us pound so much in our conference.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Someone said yesterday that IU was the #1 seed in the NIT brackets

Dang!! If Archie manages to pull that off...wow imagine. I don’t even think Bob Knight can boast of having two #1 seeds in the NIT...much less in 4 years. That’s a 50% clip. I’m sure an NIT championship will be in our future under Archie! Can’t wait to see that Banner in the Hall!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That is a hit...that kid was a leader and a player...

Very tough kid.  Wright called him the heart and soul of the team.  Really like Wright and his approach to today's college game.  He also recruits well.  

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1