Jump to content

'20-'21 National Hoops Scene


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You watch though...When March rolls around... "The NCAA announced today that they will be taking new metrics into account to calculate the NET ratings they use to select teams for the NCAA Tourna

Nobody grows up dreaming of going to Purdue. It’s kind of like Golden Corral...you just end up there

Covid or STDs?

Posted Images

Still don't understand some coaches.  San Francisco up 3 with 1.30 left and they  just dribbled the clock out until about 8 seconds and had to take a 30 foot shot. Then UVA goes down and scored to cut it to one.  Why not just run your normal offense that had been working and getting good shots.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

San Francisco 32-28.  So far Gonzaga is by far the best team I have seen this week

I haven't seen much basketball yet, but I did watch some of Gonzaga vs Auburn.  Boy, the Zags are fun to watch.  Disciplined with terrific bb IQ... and good shooters.  Few is such an exceptional coach.  Love how he/they recruit and build a roster.  Minimal OAD type players from what I've seen, so they always seem to have good experience.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I haven't seen much basketball yet, but I did watch some of Gonzaga vs Auburn.  Boy, the Zags are fun to watch.  Disciplined with terrific bb IQ... and good shooters.  Few is such an exceptional coach.  Love how he/they recruit and build a roster.  Minimal OAD type players from what I've seen, so they always seem to have good experience.

They have a freshman this year that is a definite one and done player

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

They have a freshman this year that is a definite one and done player

Yeah, I'm sure they've had them, but Few seems to find those kids that are more often going to stay in school awhile and mature into really solid juniors/seniors.    😊

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand some coaches.  San Francisco up 3 with 1.30 left and they  just dribbled the clock out until about 8 seconds and had to take a 30 foot shot. Then UVA goes down and scored to cut it to one.  Why not just run your normal offense that had been working and getting good shots.

Yeah, but that was a pretty bogus call against USF when they were up by 5, UVA tried to steal the ball and they got called for an offensive foul.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I haven't seen much basketball yet, but I did watch some of Gonzaga vs Auburn.  Boy, the Zags are fun to watch.  Disciplined with terrific bb IQ... and good shooters.  Few is such an exceptional coach.  Love how he/they recruit and build a roster.  Minimal OAD type players from what I've seen, so they always seem to have good experience.

IDK. To me they always resemble a semi-pro team with rented international players 

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/college-basketball/no-2-gonzaga-gets-boost-from-international-contingent

Edited by 13th&Jackson
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...