'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

I'm over here watching Arkansas finish off Mizzou.

Smith probably had his best game in what is probably their most meaningful game so far since he arrived.

Still....The thing that's bugging me,  is seeing how much Freshmen Davonte Davis and Moses Moody are being used in critical situations. I feel envious in thinking they've looked no better or worse than IU's Freshmen have at times relatively speaking.

They're making Freshman mistakes but just getting to ride those out on the floor more often. It was rewarded this afternoon and only makes it harder to see IU's young guys getting pulled for experienced guards who are no more productive than the more experienced Sills or Notae have been for Ark

You see how it is working out for them too-  in a top 10 game with the young kids being so confident at the end!  Their young kids got more attempts than Indiana's entire bench did this afternoon for that matter.  But no point other than frustration and the sake of discussion. 

Edited by jblaz13

Just now, IU Scott said:

UVA beat UNC 62-49 and it is the 6th straight win over UNC for Bennett.  It is also the 4th straight game at UVA that UNC has scored under 50 points.

Think Roy will call it a day after this year?

He's got 8 top 70 guys on the roster, so he's got the talent.

I think the pasture is calling...

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

All of their coaching hires has been former UNC guys. Gutheridge a long time assistant, Daugherty a former player and roy Williams a former assistant and alumni.

Yeah, I know that, but Gut was a gimme that, from what I heard, Smith insisted on. Daugherty had decent year at Notre Dame...and Roy had a fine record at KU...

They haven't went the mid-major route...

Just now, IU Scott said:

That would be a bigger risk than Miller because Davis has never been a HC

Neither had Dean Smith or Roy Williams when they took their first HC job. I don't think Davis came to UNC to just sit on the sidelines.

He had a good gig with ESPN.

I think Roy is grooming him for the position.