'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

6 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

It's taught at the high school level, not college.  Go up strong or with your best move, counter move.

It has been said before that Knights players had to be taught to forget the pump fake in the NBA.

I for one, think the pump fake in the paint or shot fake are still the number one fundamental move all players should use beyond a triple threat.  

Jay Bilas was talking about the lack of post moves and was talking about the up and under moves like McHale

Edited by IU Scott

I rarely go to other teams boards. Had to take a small look at RR this morning. Wow is all I got. Maybe it's angst or built up negative energy because of Covid or maybe sports fans are just completely off their collective rockers. Cal is broke, Cal should be gone...his system is done,etc....is just a few of the gems there.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I rarely go to other teams boards. Had to take a small look at RR this morning. Wow is all I got. Maybe it's angst or built up negative energy because of Covid or maybe sports fans are just completely off their collective rockers. Cal is broke, Cal should be gone...his system is done,etc....is just a few of the gems there.

The "purist" UK fans don't really like how Cal gets his results.  Not that they aren't happy with them, just the rebuild every year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

And continued belief that Ketchup is going to REALLY help once he is back.  Guess there were some classroom issues to clean up, so he won't be back for a few more weeks.  That's what some RR members were stating this AM.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

And continued belief that Ketchup is going to REALLY help once he is back.  Guess there were some classroom issues to clean up, so he won't be back for a few more weeks.  That's what some RR members were stating this AM.

I suppose he can help them, but he will be recruited over again.

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I honestly thought that a UK player having issues in the classroom was an impossibility. Just assumed their report cards were filled out before the semester started.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

The "purist" UK fans don't really like how Cal gets his results.  Not that they aren't happy with them, just the rebuild every year.

Having lived in Kentucky for 15 years before getting out I will say this is mostly true. When they are winning all is forgiven but after any loss you see a huge difference in reaction based on age of fans. Younger crowd don’t worry so much...they want the best talent and think in the end they will find a way for talent to trump experience. The old crowd get grouchy and immediately bring up all the freshman and all the Freshmen that have left and if they just stayed another year they would be unbeatable. Older fans also hate Cal pushing the nba and not the school and think he is a poor coach. They also hate that he has taken away all the home and homes and gone to these showcase events for all the good games leaving them horrible out of conference home games (which they still lose). 

Cal is the ultimate promoter...everything he does is about building “his” brand...getting attention from top recruits. Young fans don’t care how the sausage is made just win win win and get the best talent. With more schools targeting OAD especially Duke it means Cal has a much harder time landing those “special” OAD kids then he did at first. They don’t have any “special” kids this year. No leaders like Wall or super studs like AD/Cousins. So Cal may end up starting to lose young and old fans alike and personally I think in a few more years he will move on to the nba again because he will get tired of winning 85% of his games but still have upset fan base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Most RR fans hate him because he spoke out against Adolph Rupp...the hate he has got there goes far far far beyond any scrutiny he would have got at IU. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t transfer mid season.

Edited by dgambill