'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

Watching KU vs Creighton and Robbie Hummel is doing the game.  they were talking about one player for Creighton who thought he was going to go to KU after seeing the atmosphere at the Allen Fieldhouse.  Hummel then said after he went to IU and Duke in AH he thought why wouldn't I go to IU.  He then said everyone knows I didn't go to IU

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching KU vs Creighton and Robbie Hummel is doing the game.  they were talking about one player for Creighton who thought he was going to go to KU after seeing the atmosphere at the Allen Fieldhouse.  Hummel then said after he went to IU and Duke in AH he thought why wouldn't I go to IU.  He then said everyone knows I didn't go to IU

I had no idea he saw the 2005 Duke game. Was he on a recruiting visit?

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not watching the game.  Hummel and his friend from Valpo.  Something about kids from "The Region"  opting out of IU over PU. 

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yep a lot more goes into it. 

I can see why Miller chose Creighton. I mean these kids are bombing 3s on fast breaks and basically playing no defense. This looks like Crean ball right here.

3 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

I had no idea he saw the 2005 Duke game. Was he on a recruiting visit?

He made it sound like he was on the recruiting visit but that would be like 2 years before his senior year.  I am pretty sure one of the reasons he didn't come to IU is Sampson and his problems.  I am pretty sure Hummel was one of the guys he made illegal calls to.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He made it sound like he was on the recruiting visit but that would be like 2 years before his senior year.  I am pretty sure one of the reasons he didn't come to IU is Sampson and his problems.  I am pretty sure Hummel was one of the guys he made illegal calls to.

I think you’re right that he was one of the ones that was illegal. Painter having an extra year to recruit him when he was the Associate Head Coach certainly helped too.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think you’re right that he was one of the ones that was illegal. Painter having an extra year to recruit him when he was the Associate Head Coach certainly helped too.

Was kind of surprised the Robbie would say something like this on TV.  He also said something about this.probably won't make people happy with him

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was kind of surprised the Robbie would say something like this on TV.  He also said something about this.probably won't make people happy with him

Nobody grows up dreaming of going to Purdue. It’s kind of like Golden Corral...you just end up there

Edited by southsidehoosier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Miami was 1-17 from 3 and shot 58% FTs and beat Purdue. PU was a sizzling 4-25 from 3.

I looked at the gamecast. Purdue had 3 droughts of 4+ minutes. They went on a 6 minute drought after getting that 20 point lead. As we've seen the past few years, it's hard to win games that way, even with a large early lead.