'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

31 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Drake, after losing to Loyola Chicago yesterday 81-54, beats LC today 51-50 in OT

And Damezi Anderson didn't play in either of them. They played 13 guys in the blowout win.  I know Loyola has a veteran team and Damezi had planned to sit this year but you would think he could get in more than 3 games in this freebie of a season. I hope he's not injured.

Just now, Lurker said:

And Damezi Anderson didn't play in either of them. They played 13 guys in the blowout win.  I know Loyola has a veteran team and Damezi had planned to sit this year but you would think he could get in more than 3 games in this freebie of a season. I hope he's not injured.

Maybe we can get him as a transfer.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Watched the last 10-15 minutes of that game and didn’t even think to look for him

20 hours ago, Lurker said:

I checked on him yesterday and he hasn't played much at all this year. Not sure if it is due to injury or his performance. You would think with it being a free year he would be getting more minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Duke is falling apart

It is a strange season for sure, and everyone is dealing with the stress in their own way, but I do have to agree with at least some of the sentiment of this tweet. The case rates have absolutely plummeted the last six weeks. It's hard to connect opting out now with the virus at all. This is the safest these guys have been since the season started. The numbers have not been this low since October and there is no indication that they will start going back up in the next few weeks...

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Duke is falling apart

That's what you'll get when you have players who never unpack their bags on the way to the NBA and then have a bad season. There's really no reason for someone that isn't emotionally bought in to continue to risk injury that could effect future earnings.

I'll be surprised if this is the last player from Duke and UK that quits before the season ends.

• Like 2

Agree unless he has a family member deathly ill to go take care of that is quiting. Coach k has no one to blame but himself for pushing the narrative of canceling the season...he wasn’t committed and neither was his kids. I’ll tell you what...UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke used to have the toughest bunch of sobs youd ever want to face...now with this OAD era...I don’t think they are close to the same. Gotta get back to recruiting those hard nosed gym rats.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Jay Bilas stuttered his way through a half baked explanation during the UVA-FSU game...

You could tell he wanted to really condemn the kid, but he didn't...said it just didn't make any sense...

An affronted Dukie...

All this is a kid more worried about his draft stock than his team.  They need to make a change to get these kind of players out of the college. It is obvious he has no desire to be in college so don't make it to where he had to.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

And FSU is up 20 on UVA at the half...the Cavalier's vaunted defense has given up 45 points already...

We might be looking back at our game with FSU as the one we wish we could have finished off down the road...

Knew it at the time and we've seen it 2 more times since. Those FSU, Wisconsin, and Illinois OT losses change the entire perception of the team and program. 14-6 and 5 wins over top 10-20 teams has a firmly in the top 20....vs what we are today which is 11-9 and around a 9 or 10 seed.

Amazing how razor thin the difference can be from control of winning to program....to having every step dissected each night. 

• Like 3