'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

29 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Justin and Damezi make the tournament. I reckon they knew if they wanted post season play they had to get away from Archie and his non-offensive strategy. 

But at least we got a lot better when Smith left, or were we getting better after Green left, on second thought maybe it was after Davis left that we were going to dramatically improve.....

• Haha 1

They are showing that the last 4 teams out will be fill in teams if needed.  I guess I don't know how this will work. say Kansas can't play and they are a 3 seed where would these fill in teams be seeded.  Those teams wouldn't be put as a 3 seed so I have no idea how this is suppose to work.

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They are showing that the last 4 teams out will be fill in teams if needed.  I guess I don't know how this will work. say Kansas can't play and they are a 3 seed where would these fill in teams be seeded.  Those teams wouldn't be put as a 3 seed so I have no idea how this is suppose to work.

My understanding is the replacement team goes into where the other team was seeded. Could be wrong. Certainly a factor as players/coaches have to take and pass 7 straight days of testing before being allowed to play.

PS...small kudos to this board. We discussed on here last summer about Indy hosting entire tourney. Glad it's happening for the local folks. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

My understanding is the replacement team goes into where the other team was seeded. Could be wrong. Certainly a factor as players/coaches have to take and pass 7 straight days of testing before being allowed to play.

PS...small kudos to this board. We discussed on here last summer about Indy hosting entire tourney. Glad it's happening for the local folks. 

That doesn't make since to me if a team didn't make the tournament could be a 1 seed if one of them have to opt out

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How many covid teams need to cancel before IU gets in?

At very least, 5 teams from multi-bid conferences. Teams from single bid conferences will be replaced by another team from that conference so that wouldn't help IU.

Realistically, it's way more than 5.

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Louisville news. Dino charged Federally with extortion. Man that stuff across the river gets crazier by the year.

Sounds like he was trying to blackmail UL after getting fired.  He said he would leak all the legal recruiting that was going on at UL.

• Like 2