'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

• 3 months later...

Check this out! I’m already a huge fan. NCAA Division 1 Tennessee State BB offers scholarship to 6’5” stud with one arm. If you want a feel good read, check out his video and story on this ESPN link. Enjoy and God bless!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32016887/hansel-emmanuel-donato-plays-basketball-one-arm-receives-tennessee-state-offer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Love seeing Mack get dished on here.  I hope Louisville is entering at least a decade in hell for the crap they've pulled.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • rico changed the title to '21-'22 National Hoops Scene
1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Feb. 1 will be a festive night. That's when Chris Beard will return to Texas Tech. I think 85% of the fan base hates him now. TTU fans will invariably find me and declare my estimation is too low.

Ooooohhh...that's going to be fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well we will get to see if we should be #1 to watch out for when we play them. Syracuse is always a dark horse with that zone defense....just never know if you have a poor shooting night they can make an upset.

Hope TJD has that mid range jumper hitting that night and Kopp slashing across the top of the key 

• Like 2

Notre Dame per CBS:

The Fighting Irish return a ton of experience, including a deep group of guards that comprised one of the nation's best 3-point shooting units last season. Despite its long-range prowess, Notre Dame finished just 11-15 (7-11 ACC) because of poor depth, defense and rebounding. Those issues haven't been fully addressed but should be at least be partially remedied this season.

It's been proven time and again that a combination of veteran guards, impact transfers and quality freshmen is an impetus for success in college basketball. That's what coach Mike Brey has in his 22nd season leading the program. Former Ivy League co-player of the year Paul Atkinson has arrived from Yale and will pair with Nate Laszewski to make Notre Dame's frontcourt nearly as formidable as its veteran back court.

If Brey can just get a bit of defensive and rebounding help off the bench, this has the makings of an NCAA Tournament team. There a few candidates to help in that regard, including top-150 freshmen J.R. Konieczny and Blake Wesley as well as returning role players Tony Sanders Jr. and Matt Zona, both of whom got valuable experience as true freshmen last season. Another wild card is fourth-year sophomore Robby Carmody, who has been limited to just 16 career games due to injury. If Brey can find depth and grit from any combination of those five potential bench players, this will be a big-time bounce-back team in 2021-22. -- David Cobb

• Like 2

15 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

Hope TJD has that mid range jumper hitting that night and Kopp slashing across the top of the key 

Man if TJD shows any kind of improvement from the outside, and the team overall does that would be huge for IU. The Hoosiers are as talented as any team in the B1G in my opinion, they just have to show it on the court.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rico said:

fourth-year sophomore

That's something you don't see every day. He must be trying to break the record for most years as a college basketball player. It might be hard to break the mark Jalen Coleman-Lands has going for him. At worst he'll match Jess Settles and Evan Eschmeyer with 6 years in school.

Edited by go_iu_bb

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Just saw the news that the IHSAA added a running clock to the game after a 35 point lead

FYI.  We have a high school hoops thread already.  Rico opened one a while back.

The running clock thing is atrocious.  I would be more embarrassed to say they turned a running clock on than I would to lose by 50.  Those kind of decisions point to a significant problem with our society.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mark Few gets suspended for the opening game v Dixie State for his DUI arrest. Way to make it painful for him, Gonzaga?

smh

That was an even weaker punishment than I expected and I expected it to be weak. It appears game 2 of their season is against Texas, so not surprising I suppose. The most difficult part of their season is the pre-conference, after all. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

That was an even weaker punishment than I expected and I expected it to be weak. It appears game 2 of their season is against Texas, so not surprising I suppose. The most difficult part of their season is the pre-conference, after all. 

I am not all about making examples of people. But good grief. The leader of young men literally and selfishly put innocent lives at risk.

We are talking life and death matters here. And he is missing a game against Dixie State?

Yet if a player doesn't get proper grades, he can miss a semester, even a year.

Hmmmmm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1