'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Turned the Creighton and Georgetown game and a Creighton player got hurt.  This is the first time not having fans in the stands became a problem for TV that heard.  The player was in real pain and said the F word many times and heard it clearly

Last night, I believe it was Vilischilineus, yelled the f word and DD said, opp we might need to censor that.  

I know it's been discussed at lengths but when you have the #1 rated recruiting class year after year....5-11 should never, never, never happen. Calipari getting full taste of his scorpion fanbase. Will turn on you in a second. 

I think it was Seth or maybe DD....I wish we started ranking the rankers for recruiting too. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know it's been discussed at lengths but when you have the #1 rated recruiting class year after year....5-11 should never, never, never happen. Calipari getting full taste of his scorpion fanbase. Will turn on you in a second. 

I think it was Seth or maybe DD....I wish we started ranking the rankers for recruiting too. 

I think the raters base ranking on which teams are involved with a kid more than say a difference in his skill over another kid. Maybe just a bunch of coaches got it wrong instead of raters.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The thing is that they are not getting the top recruits anymore.  They did not get Cade Cunningham or Jalen Suggs type recruits but getting guys who are 3 or 4 year players.

Watch one of the better games I have for awhile.  Boise St vs Nevada and Nevada hit a shot with 3 seconds to go to win.  Bosie St ran a great play and got a good look for a 3 at the buzzer but ball rolled around around twice before falling out.  Both teams ran really good offense and hit shots.  Boise St was 14-2 going into the game and they a really good player in Derrevk Alston.  He is a skinny 6'10 guy but he can really shoot and went 5-7 from 3

On 2/4/2021 at 11:37 AM, IU Scott said:

The thing is that they are not getting the top recruits anymore.  They did not get Cade Cunningham or Jalen Suggs type recruits but getting guys who are 3 or 4 year players.

And those guys think because they went to Kentucky that they have to be 1 and done, so most are still leaving anyways. 

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

And those guys think because they went to Kentucky that they have to be 1 and done, so most are still leaving anyways. 

And that is what is hurting the college game.  It is not the sure fire one and done players who play great in their one year.  it is kids who is not ready for the NBA and have a lot to work on but they still leave.

• Like 2

The 'Fighting Sampsons' of Houston rose up and slayed the Saints of Our Lady of The Lake by a score of 112-46.  Though obviously undermanned, the Saints could do one thing well.  They went 13-14 from the line.  Wonder what IU's record would be with some 13-14 days from the line.

And, kudos for Houston to go out and find such a challenging opponent.  What.....the 7th grade team at Franklin Middle School was booked? 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Thanks i did not even no it was on.  I was watching the PU and NW game and it is at halftime with PU up 3.

I was too but found it during a commercial. We are all rooting for Texas I assume...lol not that it will probably matter. Our ticket is in our own hands because we have to win.

Edited by dgambill