'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Here is the coaching candidate poll on Rupps Rafters.

Your the new KY AD | CatsIllustrated.com (rivals.com)

Gotta love this one response to the suggestion of Bruce Pearl.  

He's a cheater. We don't need him

LOL.  Talk about a lack of self awareness.  

The OP actually put Richard (not Rick) Pitino on the list?

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Here is the coaching candidate poll on Rupps Rafters.

Your the new KY AD | CatsIllustrated.com (rivals.com)

Gotta love this one response to the suggestion of Bruce Pearl.  

He's a cheater. We don't need him

LOL.  Talk about a lack of self awareness.  

I missed this. Simply priceless. 😂

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2021 at 4:11 PM, 5fouls said:

The 'Fighting Sampsons' of Houston rose up and slayed the Saints of Our Lady of The Lake by a score of 112-46.  Though obviously undermanned, the Saints could do one thing well.  They went 13-14 from the line.  Wonder what IU's record would be with some 13-14 days from the line.

And, kudos for Houston to go out and find such a challenging opponent.  What.....the 7th grade team at Franklin Middle School was booked? 

Houston is ranked in the top 10 and have played one top 50 team. I wonder what their record would be in the Big Ten? 

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

UNC game was cancelled because there are pictures of two of their players at a party with no mask on

This actually made me think we may see more guys go pro this year than we should.  I've heard life for a college athlete is no fun this year.  

The NBA guys are complaining too but in the NBA they work to protect the player. Unless you are an idiot like Kyrie Irving.  

Justin Smith and Arkansas play at uk tonight.

I forgot about Smith so I took a look at his stats. He's pretty much the same player he was at IU. Interesting he averages less minutes than he had at IU last season.

He's putting up decent numbers with 11 point and just under 7 rebounds, but nothing spectacular. He still can't shoot the 3 pointer (20% - actually his worst season) or FTs (58%). His team is 14-5 in a down year for the SEC, so he's probably happy with the move.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Justin Smith and Arkansas play at uk tonight.

I forgot about Smith so I took a look at his stats. He's pretty much the same player he was at IU. Interesting he averages less minutes than he had at IU last season.

He's putting up decent numbers with 11 point and just under 7 rebounds, but nothing spectacular. He still can't shoot the 3 pointer (20% - actually his worst season) or FTs (58%). His team is 14-5 in a down year for the SEC, so he's probably happy with the move.  

1.7 more shots per game to score 0.9 ppg more. This against a much weaker SOS. Shows it wasn't Miller holding him back.

I'm happy he moved on and I suspect you're correct that he's also happy. 

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

UNC game was cancelled because there are pictures of two of their players at a party with no mask on

The game should not be cancelled.  UNC should suspend those players and keep them away until they are tested and cleared.  But, the rest of the team should be playing.   

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I don't understand why it's cancelled. If one team wants to play and the other refuses, it should be a forfeit, barring anything extreme (death in the program, problem with the facility, etc.)

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The game should not be cancelled.  UNC should suspend those players and keep them away until they are tested and cleared.  But, the rest of the team should be playing.   

Just read an article that most of the players were at the party.  It was a party to celebrate their win over Duke and supposed to be just players.  I guess other students got in and that is where the problem occurred.