Illinois

Bustout

I realize they’re hyped up, but it seems IU matches up vs them real well.  Seems like they have 3 main studs. 

TJD with Kofi.  Rob with Ayo.  Trey with Miller.   I am not sure of their depth, but this doesn’t consider Lander, Hunter, Race and Al.  

Ayo and Miller are better offensively than Rob and Trey, but IUs other guys and depth will offset that. Seems like a good matchup vs them.  

Sort of like Iowa - matched up well vs them last year. 

18 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I realize they’re hyped up, but it seems IU matches up vs them real well.  Seems like they have 3 main studs. 

TJD with Kofi.  Rob with Ayo.  Trey with Miller.   I am not sure of their depth, but this doesn’t consider Lander, Hunter, Race and Al.  

Ayo and Miller are better offensively than Rob and Trey, but IUs other guys and depth will offset that. Seems like a good matchup vs them.  

Sort of like Iowa - matched up well vs them last year. 

We were a bad call away from beating them last year 

I think IL could be the team to beat in the B1G this year. Lots of experience, good shooters. 800# Gorrilla in Cockburn. If you can limit him to < 20 pts, and contain the guards you've got a chance. I'm not convinced our guard defense is all that great, except for Phin.

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

I think IL could be the team to beat in the B1G this year. Lots of experience, good shooters. 800# Gorrilla in Cockburn. If you can limit him to < 20 pts, and contain the guards you've got a chance. I'm not convinced our guard defense is all that great, except for Phin.

Wisconsin has everyone back - they’re my pick.  Illannoy and Iowa should round out top 3. 

12 minutes ago, Bustout said:

Wisconsin has everyone back - they’re my pick.  Illannoy and Iowa should round out top 3. 

You could very well be right. But IL looked more impressive to me than Wisky last night. If you can control Davidson, I think you've taken away their wild card.

I'll tell you one thing, Underwood is really slow in calling off the dogs. I mean, I understand competition, but 60 point wins are rubbing their faces it it a little.

I know..."well, then stop them!" But these teams are way undermanned.

I hope these coaches have long memories and some day Underwood is on the other end of the arse whipping.

On 11/26/2020 at 3:23 PM, Bustout said:

Yeah I hate Wisconsin but they are so loaded with upper classman and no real star so anyone can step up. Reuters is tough and Davison is just a tenacious leader.

On 11/27/2020 at 7:35 PM, dgambill said:

They’ve all felt like they’ve been there for 10 years...and with this new rule they probably will all come back because that is how big douches Wisconsin players are.

Wait until the damn Bohannons start having kids. They'll look like a Kentucky high school team: 5 starters with the same last name. 

8 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Wait until the damn Bohannons start having kids. They'll look like a Kentucky high school team: 5 starters with the same last name. 

Hey now...seen some good southern Indiana schools have the same lol. All I know is maybe we can recruit one of them to shoot for us.

Archived