The CFP

rico

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lurking around the Bucknuts site, the general feeling there is that OSU's season is likely over.  They have a significant number of players testing positive and don't believe they will play next week against MSU.  Lots of shouting about the Big10 screwing up with the rules and that they're out of the CFP..  They think IU vs NW for Big20 championship.

34 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Lurking around the Bucknuts site, the general feeling there is that OSU's season is likely over.  They have a significant number of players testing positive and don't believe they will play next week against MSU.  Lots of shouting about the Big10 screwing up with the rules and that they're out of the CFP..  They think IU vs NW for Big20 championship.

Well, the B1G really did screw up.

I think the big conference got all those faulty tests from China? Other conferences not having near this much trouble? Although I have always said this is the smartest virus I have ever seen. It won't attack Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, or any of the major grocery chains. How do you kill something so smart.  

6 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

I think the big conference got all those faulty tests from China? Other conferences not having near this much trouble? Although I have always said this is the smartest virus I have ever seen. It won't attack Costco, Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, or any of the major grocery chains. How do you kill something so smart.  

That is the thing, the ACC and the SEC have had this trouble.  They started earlier so they could/can adjust the schedule.  The B1G can't.

20 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Let's not go down this road and just leave it to football please.

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think NW is essentially lock in the BTCG, right? 

It's 2020, not even Master and Schlage know what "locks" are. 

If NW stumbles once and Wisconsin beats us and Iowa it may depend on what the B10 rules with OSU. They'd be the only one loss team in that division. 

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It's 2020, not even Master and Schlage know what "locks" are. 

If NW stumbles once and Wisconsin beats us and Iowa it may depend on what the B10 rules with OSU. They'd be the only one loss team in that division. 

Iowa has two losses and NW has the tie breaker with them. NW would have to lose out. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Iowa has two losses and NW has the tie breaker with them. NW would have to lose out. 

Again, depends on how if they adjust for cancelled games for OSU. If Wisconsin wins out, they'd be 4-1 (80%). If NW loses once, they'd have two losses with a 75% winning percentage. Yes they'd have the head to head win, but in terms of losses and  win %, theyd be out. 

Bottom line: it's 2020, who the #$@& knows. 

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Again, depends on how if they adjust for cancelled games for OSU. If Wisconsin wins out, they'd be 4-1 (80%). If NW loses once, they'd have two losses with a 75% winning percentage. Yes they'd have the head to head win, but in terms of losses and  win %, theyd be out. 

This explains the B1G situation...

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/why-ohio-states-covid-19-outbreak-game-cancellation-may-impact-its-college-football-playoff-chances/

38 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

UW can't make the final

Archived