The CFP

rico

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

That's not the way committee is suppose to view it.  What has Iowa State done the last 40 years to get the respect?  This is a blatant political statement by the committee. 

Okay...so it's political.  My answer is how you beat the politics...keep playing and winning.  They view us as a one season feel good story.  Does it suck...sure, but that's the reason we have to keep playing like we did this season.  I'm not happy, but let's keep moving forward.

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Sure...ok.  You see it as you like. 

I truly don't understand your position here.  Explain to me again why you are defending the decision to put a 3 loss team that lost to a non-Power 5 school in ahead of any 1 loss Power 5 team.  Let's assume for a second it's not even Indiana.  Assume Penn State was 6-1.  Would they be left out in favor of Iowa State?  Would Michigan?  Wisconsin?  How about Mr. Barta's Iowa team?  You know the answer to any of those.  But, since it's Indiana, you and Mr. Barta seem to be okay with it. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Had a bad feeling we'd get left out after not playing for 2 weeks. Oh well, fun to be following this stuff anyway. 

College football has always been about the almighty dollar and reputations. It won't ever change. 

I seriously question if IU wins one or two more games if that would have changed anything.

13 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

We just don't have enough quality losses, especially to teams ranked by the committee specifically to make a 17 point loss to a G5 team not look as bad

That's what I don't understand about the process.   They use mental gymnastics to justify things.  

Shouldn't a bad loss discount good wins?  There a lot of teams ahead of us with a really bad loss and never got dinged for it.

Archived