The CFP

rico

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2020 at 11:27 AM, rico said:

Time to revise....

...be back later.

Amid the rumors of tOSU, this is gonna get interesting here at the wire.  IMO 'Bama and ND are locks regardless of losing the last one.  But what if they do get beat by Fla and Clemson?  That would put Clemson in as well.  But who would be the 4th?  ISU/OU winner?  Can't be USC, right?  Florida?  Can Cincy "sneak" in?  

Could get interesting,  but selecting the main 4 would keep it neat and clean. Notre Dame just needed to make sure they didn't get embarrassed by Clemson with Trevor Lawrence.

Florida, Georgia, and Iowa St. have 2 losses. No.

Texas A&M got embarrassed. No.

Cincinnati won't get credit due to conference and schedule.

PAC is very weak and lacks respect. 

I'm sure the committee is still pissed at the B1G for their handling of the season, but power is power.  O$U gets in when undefeated.

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Could get interesting,  but selecting the main 4 would keep it neat and clean. Notre Dame just needed to make sure they didn't get embarrassed by Clemson with Trevor Lawrence.

Florida, Georgia, and Iowa St. have 2 losses. No.

Texas A&M got embarrassed. No.

Cincinnati won't get credit due to conference and schedule.

PAC is very weak and lacks respect. 

I'm sure the committee is still pissed at the B1G for their handling of the season, but power is power.  O$U gets in when undefeated.

Soooooo, who are your picks?

21 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and OSU. Pretty vanilla, but other than Clemson, best wins without bad losses. (Clemson not having a top 10 win)

Clemson beat UNC and the 'Canes....that counts.

I would say the 'Heels are the best team out of the CFP discussion.

19 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

With OSU winning, I'm not sure how we aren't a lock for a New Year's 6 bowl. We were already in and the next 5 teams behind us either lost or didn't play.

Agree. Iowa state SHOULD drop behind us with loss, Florida loss SHOULD drop them behind us. And I can’t see anyone jumping us. 

Bring on Oregon...

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Agree. Iowa state SHOULD drop behind us with loss, Florida loss SHOULD drop them behind us. And I can’t see anyone jumping us. 

Bring on Oregon...

I wonder if the committee wanted to keep the bigger names at that 5-7 range just in case Clemson or OSU were to lose. If they moved Cincinnati up to 6 and those 2 teams lost, they'd have a big decision. Now that they don't have to worry about someone like Cincinnati getting in, I wonder if they'll drop a 3 loss team a lot more.

There has also been a lot of talk about how bad the committee is. If they are routinely 4-5 spots different than other major polls, they're going to get run out of town. They might try to correct some of that this week by moving 3 loss teams way down.

I hope we avoid Oregon. I don't want to play a 4-2 team that doesn't deserve to be there. I want to play a top 10 team.

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I wonder if the committee wanted to keep the bigger names at that 5-7 range just in case Clemson or OSU were to lose. If they moved Cincinnati up to 6 and those 2 teams lost, they'd have a big decision. Now that they don't have to worry about someone like Cincinnati getting in, I wonder if they'll drop a 3 loss team a lot more.

There has also been a lot of talk about how bad the committee is. If they are routinely 4-5 spots different than other major polls, they're going to get run out of town. They might try to correct some of that this week by moving 3 loss teams way down.

I hope we avoid Oregon. I don't want to play a 4-2 team that doesn't deserve to be there. I want to play a top 10 team.

I agree with Oregon, I just feel like that’s the slot we will get. 

Archived