Maryland GameThread

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can’t expect the defense to hold them to just a field goal again in the second half.  We need to produce. 

One good thing is we started getting some runs going around the edge and maybe we will sprinkle in some wildcat.  We have missed some basic throws.  Maybe we can use the run game more to set up the pass game. 

As bad as things were in the 1st half, we're still ahead.

The defense has played really well.  They've been put in bad field position all half and have only given up 3 points.

I can't fathom how Penix just went 2-15.  Just blows my mind that we were that bad passing.  I really don't know how things could get worse, and we're still ahead.

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

As bad as things were in the 1st half, we're still ahead.

The defense has played really well.  They've been put in bad field position all half and have only given up 3 points.

I can't fathom how Penix just went 2-15.  Just blows my mind that we were that bad passing.  I really don't know how things could get worse, and we're still ahead.

Imagine that the two completions were a tipped ball that caromed wildly and ended up with Hendershot and the other was an offsides free play where Penix threw it up and prayed.  

Something looks off.  I don’t know if he’s compensating for an injury which is wrecking his mechanics but hopefully our QB coach gets with him and fixes it once and for all.  

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Before the game when I talked about getting Tuttle in, I was hoping it was going to be because we were up by a lot.  Penix going 2-89274 was not what I had in mind.

Everything is off his back foot. He isnt finishing his follow through at all... everything is elbow, he doesn't even have his shoulder involved, let alone his hips and legs. 

Hoping he is sitting in a room with NS right now looking at 6 or 7 throws from the first half. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Executive the first drive on each side of the ball here and we'll be in a good spot. 

Its not play calling. It's executing. Whop has had his man beat twice across the middle and Penix has missed him. Execute. 

Virtually all of IU's offensive problems in this game stem off Penix not making throws. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Everything is off his back foot. He isnt finishing his follow through at all... everything is elbow, he doesn't even have his shoulder involved, let alone his hips and legs. 

Hoping he is sitting in a room with NS right now looking at 6 or 7 throws from the first half. 

Yeah, he just looked way off.  Not that I want him throwing passes 90 mph, but he almost needs a couple where he really puts everything into it just to get his momentum moving forward again and get off his back foot.

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Yeah, he just looked way off.  Not that I want him throwing passes 90 mph, but he almost needs a couple where he really puts everything into it just to get his momentum moving forward again and get off his back foot.

Fryfogle 8-12 comebacks on the sideline. Live there. 

Archived