Maryland Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

If this ends up being a season ending injury, that would be rough

Going to be rougher for next year. I think Tuttle is the guy for next year. Who knows honestly. Feel bad for MP, feel bad for his family, feel bad for TA and staff.. they put together one helluva football team. I do think Tuttle can play though. 

10 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Penix rapidly becoming the Mo Creek of the football team. So much talent, but man, those injuries.....

I see the comparison. Penix is way, way more impactful than Mo though. No basketball player can compare to a QB though in that regard. 

For sure see your comparison though. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

That can work too, Tuttle can sling also. Is he a dual threat?

I dont think so.. but neither was Penix. Penix is straight line fast, he was never dual threat. I will say, I absolutely hate that term. (Not that you invented it or anything)

Basically none of these kids playing QB now are just some plodding statues. Tuttle will be fine.. biggest problem for him is lack of in game experience, Penix recognized blitzes/helped the OL out a ton. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I dont think so.. but neither was Penix. Penix is straight line fast, he was never dual threat. I will say, I absolutely hate that term. (Not that you invented it or anything)

Basically none of these kids playing QB now are just some plodding statues. Tuttle will be fine.. biggest problem for him is lack of in game experience, Penix recognized blitzes/helped the OL out a ton. 

I don’t know how Tuttle was back in HS. All I know he was in the top 5 QB in his class and was a former Elite 11 QB

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Tuttle is plenty good to lead the team. Just needs some experience.  I was thinking Achilles when I saw the play but then again I’m far from a doctor

That’s what I said in the game thread. I never saw him roll it or twist...almost non contact really. Didnt like the way he couldn’t put pressure on it and how it just kinda gave out on him.

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Going to be rougher for next year. I think Tuttle is the guy for next year. Who knows honestly. Feel bad for MP, feel bad for his family, feel bad for TA and staff.. they put together one helluva football team. I do think Tuttle can play though. 

Depending on what we find out or what's confirmed later today/tomorrow Tuttle looks capable but if I'm Coach Allen I'm combing the transfer market too. Again depending on Penix news we could do a 1 year fill in next year because after that between McCulley or hopefully Jackson IU's qb position should be good to go until roughly 2024-25.

Archived