Wisconsin

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will obviously be very interesting to see what happens with Penix this week, though I think all things considered, Tuttle played really well today. He should also get 1st team reps all week and hopefully get worked into things smoothly which should help. I was sort of hoping Sheridan would open the playbook up for him a little bit more today than he did, but I understand situationly it made the most sense to feed the running game. I do worry for our run defense against Wisconsin, but I don’t get the feeling this is a game we can’t win without Penix.

I’d guess with Penix the spread would be around -7.5 or so for Wisconsin.

As others have indicated, I think it comes down to our ability to compete in the trenches. UW is the quintessential ground and pound team. They will look to challenge our run D, which has not been consistently air tight despite overall strong defense. If Tuttle does turn out to be the starter, he'll need excellent protection for us to have any chance. Don't think we can expect major contributions from our run game. Although, if we do get it, then our chances go up significantly.

28 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

As others have indicated, I think it comes down to our ability to compete in the trenches. UW is the quintessential ground and pound team. They will look to challenge our run D, which has not been consistently air tight despite overall strong defense. If Tuttle does turn out to be the starter, he'll need excellent protection for us to have any chance. Don't think we can expect major contributions from our run game. Although, if we do get it, then our chances go up significantly.

If Baldwin or Ellis gets some room, then I could can definitely see Wisconsin getting worried. I liked what I saw yesterday between those 2 players, Scott is more of a power back

Archived