Providence Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 5fouls said:

9 turnovers, 16 assists, shot 45% from the field, outrebounded them by 9.

What exactly do you want?

Plus the TJD/Thompson combo had 34 points, 20 rebounds, hit 8 of 12 FT, 4 blocks, 3 assists, and only 1 TO. Pretty good from the starting big men. 

Yes, TJD shot poorly but I would take those numbers above from the combo any game and think IU has a chance to win.

i figure hunter is still trying to find his place in the offense.  Should he attack the rim or take that mid range jumper or try and be an outside shooter.  give him a couple games and he should start to figure that out.  Looks like Race found what he wants to do and TJD will get his confidence back.  Really impressed with the lack of turnovers.  Last year we turned it over even against low tier compitition,  so that is a big growth from last year that will pay dividends in close games.  Will win an extra game or 2

really liked the ball movement most of the time.  liked the team defense and rebounding.  i want to admit again that i wasn't nearly as sold on Race as most on this board.  very happy to admit that i was wrong!  this is a team that has a lot of different guys who can contribute.  it is a little scary going 3-17 from 3.  very excited to see how we do tomorrow.  i live in NC and want so badly to see us play them and beat them!

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ranked 17th. But barely beat a decent Davidson team today 

Long and quick and like to take it to the rim.  Davidson was in the game right to the end.  We can beat Texas, but we'll need a better game from TJD.  Texas has a big kid, Sims, very athletic and active.

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

Long and quick and like to take it to the rim.  Davidson was in the game right to the end.  We can beat Texas, but we'll need a better game from TJD.  Texas has a big kid, Sims, very athletic and active.

i wonder if TJD rises to the competition.  If he is one of those, i play better when i have better players to play against.

Beat down.

I'm at the office and couldn't watch the game so people can fill me in here. Interesting from a box score standpoint that despite Hunter fouling out quickly (what happened?), and him and Lander and Galloway missing all of their 3 pointers we still hit 36% from deep as a team, still dominated the game, Race apparently having a fantastic game, and having balanced offense from the rest of the team. 

11 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Impressive. Providence is not as bad as we made them look.

I guess I need to watch them again because they looked pretty bad. Not trying to diminish our performance because we played well, but Providence had a whole bunch of sloppy turnovers and a whole lot of ole’ defense. They can’t be happy about that game at all. 

I like the balance of this team offensively....overall nobody is forcing shots and inordinate amount yet everybody seems confident to shoot when they are open. Trayce still needs to get more assertive around the rim avoid those weak kind of "throw it up and hope for the best" type shots that usually go dinging off the backboard. Our perimeter player simply need to start hitting open shots consistently to clear out that lane for Trayce/Race. Our defense was pretty damn good overall! Nice to see 7 steals and 4 blocks along with some just plain good aggressive attack defense, particularly by some of our freshman. Good stuff!! 

Archived