Providence Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Just finished the game (stupid job). 

Awesome job all around. I admit I was a bit uneasy after the second half the other night, but holy heck that was fun to watch. Great defense and ball movement, plus my personal favorite no scoring draughts. 

Also, during the second half I had a heart to heart with Little Keet about how Bill Walton is a prime example of why you should never take drugs. 

Walton spent too much time in the paint room!

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

Nice with some nice contributions from many players. And the best part is I didn't have to listen to the Blowhard Walton. He is such a douchebag. 

That douchebag gave Indiana ton of love.... said he loves this team and loves Indiana FWIW

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Yeah, if someone had told me before the game that TJD would go 5-15 from the floor I probably would've thought IU would lose or win a tight one. I certainly would've have predicted a 21 point win.

When’s the last time we even won a game with Tracye missing ten out of fifteen shots?

Early observations: 

Race and TJD play off each other very well. Both are really good at walling off the help defender and then blocking out for offensive boards. 

Rob played like he had a joystick. Controlled tempo and valued the ball.

Al is a stat sheet stuffer who is really under appreciated. 

Hunter is way behind Galloway and is at risk of also falling behind Geronimo on the depth chart. Looked like CAM was in his face a bit when he fouled out. 

Ball movement was really good. Very good A/TO ratio. Very efficient on offense and very solid maintaining defensive discipline. 

Lander is currently valuable giving Rob a rest, but he has a long way to go before he’s an impact player at this level. 

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i figure hunter is still trying to find his place in the offense.  Should he attack the rim or take that mid range jumper or try and be an outside shooter.  give him a couple games and he should start to figure that out.  Looks like Race found what he wants to do and TJD will get his confidence back.  Really impressed with the lack of turnovers.  Last year we turned it over even against low tier compitition,  so that is a big growth from last year that will pay dividends in close games.  Will win an extra game or 2

I just think Trayce isn’t being soft at the rim with his touch. When it rolls around the rim like that he’s just shooting it too hard. If you notice when Race is around the rim he puts a little English on it to create that soft touch  because if he just shot it normal it’s gonna be hard because it’s gonna be strength with no finesse 

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Another thing I noticed. We recognize and adjust to changing defenses very well.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Another thing I noticed. We recognize and adjust to changing defenses very well.

Once we started getting someone in the middle of the zone we looked really well against the zone

12 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Early observations: 

Race and TJD play off each other very well. Both are really good at walling off the help defender and then blocking out for offensive boards. 

Rob played like he had a joystick. Controlled tempo and valued the ball.

Al is a stat sheet stuffer who is really under appreciated. 

Hunter is way behind Galloway and is at risk of also falling behind Geronimo on the depth chart. Looked like CAM was in his face a bit when he fouled out. 

Ball movement was really good. Very good A/TO ratio. Very efficient on offense and very solid maintaining defensive discipline. 

Lander is currently valuable giving Rob a rest, but he has a long way to go before he’s an impact player at this level. 

Hopefully Archie was being encouraging to Jerome. To me when a player just has an awful game he needs to be picked up...especially a shooter like him. Keep his confidence high. We are going to need him. 

Agree about Race and Trayce. To me they are our starting 4-5 all year. Lander just needs to knock down his jumpers...if he can do that he will be just fine. He can add a different gear to the offense. Galloway is just a gamer...kid is well well coached. He makes smart plays....if he keeps growing watch out. 
Glad to see us win...things to clean up but when your best player has an off night and you win by 20...that feels good. Would have liked to pull the starters earlier and rest their legs but good result!

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Once we started getting someone in the middle of the zone we looked really well against the zone

Yes we did...we took everything they threw at us, and executed well.

And I'm sorry, but every foul called on Jerome was BS...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I'll only add I loved our tenacious D. Rob played a GREAT floor game (11 pts on 4/5 from the floor, 3/4 from the line, 5 assists and 0 TOs) and shut David Duke down (12 points on 3-12 shooting and 4 TOs).

Glad you brought up Rob and his D.

Race was the MVP tonight. Glad to see Al step up, just want to see some consistency from him now. Keep it going Al!

Not worried at all about TJD. I think he enjoyed getting Race going.  He will be there when we need him. 12 and 7 isn't bad for an off night. 

22 minutes ago, Who-Dey Hoosier said:

I like what I saw out of Geronimo, he got fired up after causing the 5 second call and his hops on the offensive rebound was legit! 

Extremely raw but seems to be oozing with potential.  It's still a minuscule sample size so  I'm tempering expectations but I'm loving what I see so far.

I like him too. I think people are getting a little carried away with the Vic comparisons. I think OG will be a better comparison but even that will be a great surprise. Loved he knocked down that 3 but he got a little carried away with that heat check a little later.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Would have liked to pull the starters earlier and rest their legs but good result!

Was thinking of that as well. But with Brunk sidelined and Jerome fouled out, we were short on bodies. I would have went with Geronimo and 4 guards for the last 2 minutes though.

Archived