Providence Postgame Thread

KDB

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the fact that @5fouls couldn't pick up on it means I won the sarcasm game.

Although, perhaps if he picked up on things a little faster maybe he wouldn't have gone through so many wives. 

In my defense, I was working and not really following the game thread closely. 

Secondly, I have a kidney stone that is muddling my thinking some, which is also why I am awake at 3:30 in the morning.

Finally, whatever rational thoughts I may have had were lost in trying to understand Bill Walton.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

At the half of UNC game Sean Farnham said he thought IU was no better than the middle of the pack Big Ten team.  He said it had nothing to do with us but just how good the big ten teams are.  I give you the top 4 teams but I feel we are ad good ad any of the other teams.

we've looked great, but it is hard to argue when the B1G currently has #3, 4, 5, 8, 23, 25, and 26.  so even if we're in front of 2 of those teams, that's middle of the pack.  

10 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Early observations: 

Race and TJD play off each other very well. Both are really good at walling off the help defender and then blocking out for offensive boards. 

Rob played like he had a joystick. Controlled tempo and valued the ball.

Al is a stat sheet stuffer who is really under appreciated. 

Hunter is way behind Galloway and is at risk of also falling behind Geronimo on the depth chart. Looked like CAM was in his face a bit when he fouled out. 

Ball movement was really good. Very good A/TO ratio. Very efficient on offense and very solid maintaining defensive discipline. 

Lander is currently valuable giving Rob a rest, but he has a long way to go before he’s an impact player at this level. 

i can't possibly see Geronimo before Hunter this year.  i see the athletic ability, but he has a long way to go to be helping us win big games.  

5 hours ago, Bustout said:

I can’t verify, but maybe Green was more of a cancer?   Smith had his dad yapping all the time.   Smith’s main issue was offense - obviously.  He would’ve been a mismatch down low because he was so athletic, but he was never utilized much that way the past two seasons - not sure if that was schematic or just coaching.  Also wonder if that would’ve changed this year?

i know people get mad when anyone says something bad about our guys, but maybe since they're gone it's okay?  i think losing Smith and Green clearly makes us a better team.  

22 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i know people get mad when anyone says something bad about our guys, but maybe since they're gone it's okay?  i think losing Smith and Green clearly makes us a better team.  

I never cared for Smith and Green. Overrated and total head cases. I am glad they are gone and the minute they left we became a better team.

Race Thompson had a breakout performance and was the consensus player of the game. I would like to give some props to Al and Rob who had some really key buckets when Providence would start to chip away at the lead. Galloway had a great pass to Rob for a layup that Freshmen don't usually have the vision for. If that is an "off" game for TJD, i'll take it. Second game of the year is the time for that. Proud of the freshmen defensively as well. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i can't possibly see Geronimo before Hunter this year.  i see the athletic ability, but he has a long way to go to be helping us win big games.  

I agree, but I think Justin Smith with a better head and hands is on the low end of Jordan Geronimo's potential...

Only was able to listen to the great Don Fischer not sorry for missing Walton. TG is one of those guys you love.if he is on your team and hate if on your rivals. He has a lot of Dane Fife, AJ Moye and Brian Cardinal in him. Different but the same in many ways. Can tell he grew up immersed in the game. Thank you Mark!!

I have not been sold on Race but I am all in. Does so many of the little things so well and that is turning into big things. A double double and always giving 100 percent. 

What can you say about our guard play. 0 turnovers!! AL is the guy this team needs. We need an upperclassmen that can get us a bucket. Someone these young guys can lean on. I am rooting hard for him to have a great Senior year. RP stay healthy!! He.controls the tempo and makes people around him better, great defense and ball movement.  Our Guards hit the glass that is what really stuck out listening to Fish and then CAM post game. On to Texas.

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

You can see that in the way the upperclassmen and TJD treat the freshmen...They're supportive and encouraging. They acknowledge the good plays the freshmen make (watch Rob on the assist from Trey). Never saw much of that the last couple of years.

I hate to say it, but I think there was a lot of jealousy on the teams of the last few years...More "I" than "Team."

And I think Al, Race, Joey, and Rob are seeing to it that that is a thing of the past...

Now we're getting back to Indiana basketball...

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

In my defense, I was working and not really following the game thread closely. 

Secondly, I have a kidney stone that is muddling my thinking some, which is also why I am awake at 3:30 in the morning.

Finally, whatever rational thoughts I may have had were lost in trying to understand Bill Walton.

Oh man.  Feel better soon.  Never had them but have heard the horror stories.  

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

Wouldn’t want to see that happen either. JH needs to contribute for this team, but he has to improve defensively and become a more reliable perimeter threat. It’s still early.

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Oh man.  Feel better soon.  Never had them but have heard the horror stories.  

I am a living breathing kidney stone.  Been having them since my mid 20s and I'm 55 now.  Had laser surgery to blast it this morning.  Second one th his year that required surgery.

Silver lining is that I get to take s sick day when IU has a daytime game.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I am a living breathing kidney stone.  Been having them since my mid 20s and I'm 55 now.  Had laser surgery to blast it this morning.  Second one th his year that required surgery.

Silver lining is that I get to take s sick day when IU has a daytime game.

Take care of yourself and enjoy the game. Kidney stones are the worst. I have had one and I hope I never have another one. 

Archived