Texas Postgame Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

No, I was serious. I just waited three hours until after the game to post. 

I had to take my dog to the vet, he sustained a pretty bad injury from being struck by something about 4 hours ago, it's why I only saw a little of the game. 

I hope all is going well with your dog

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am more worried about all the close in shots we miss over the 3 pointers we miss.  If we would have hit the shots inside 5 feet and the ones right at the basket we would have been in the game.

Good point. Certainly Trayce can’t miss every lay-up he takes? 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I hope all is going well with your dog

That part was an insensitive joke, my dog is fine, but thanks for the concern.

I do have to take my dog in to the vet Friday to get his anal glands expressed. Seems more pleasant than watching that game again. 

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

No, I was serious. I just waited three hours until after the game to post. 

I had to take my dog to the vet, he sustained a pretty bad injury from being struck by something about 4 hours ago, it's why I only saw a little of the game. 

Prayers. Hate to see an animal suffer..hope everything ends up being ok.

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I do have to take my dog in to the vet Friday to get his anal glands expressed. Seems more pleasant than watching that game again. 

Lol...no more joking about hurt animals lol. Obviously too pained by what we put forth today to catch the joke lol!!

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

So you were kicking your dog during the game

For someone who’s coached, is there something with Archie’s offense that makes players reluctant to shoot?  I know our best player is down los and we need to feed him the ball, but it seems to me a blind coach can understand you need to have balance and not constantly force everything inside...

1 minute ago, iufaninand said:

For someone who’s coached, is there something with Archie’s offense that makes players reluctant to shoot?  I know our best player is down los and we need to feed him the ball, but it seems to me a blind coach can understand you need to have balance and not constantly force everything inside...

To me when watching our team compared to some others is that we don't seem as confident when shooting like some other teams.

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Isn’t Dana Altman under investigation? 

Not heard that. I guess we could say that about all the coaches. They all operate as close to the line as possible. Heck even coach K. Are we saying we wouldn’t take him? College basketball isn’t what it was 30-40 years ago. These kids are student athletes in the most generic use of the term. I’m for doing things the right way but then we need to do things twice as well...and we are only doing things half as good.

20 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I didn't get to see much of it, but what I did see and the boxscore is pretty ugly. Having said that.... one game, and the first two were very encouraging. 

Two games didn't make me think we were a national title contender, one game doesn't make me think the sky is falling.

I still think this team and program are taking another step forward this year. 

I think this is a very rational take on the new season. I’m just having a hard time not remembering the past 3...

17 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

I think this is a very rational take on the new season. I’m just having a hard time not remembering the past 3...

Yep...today was like a PTSD episode. Not to belittle those suffering from PTSD. But my IU fandom definitely had an episode. The coach of Archie present was very similar to the coach of Archie past. My hope for the coach of Archie future with no shooting help on the horizon is looking really scary to me. Hoping for a Christmas miracle.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know Stanford has a big time 5 star player in Zaire Williams but they seem to have a real solid team.

And their SR guard is solid.  But, if they don’t have a big inside presence, IU should match up well. IU didn’t match up well today - needed to hit outside shots. Inside was taken away due to their interior size and length. 

With that said, UNC is young and not sure how good they are.  Hopefully IU bounces back tomorrow.  It’s very possible Texas wins it all and IU lost to the best team in the field today. 

biggest concern is 3rd game in 3 days for all these teams.  Hard to get an accurate gauge.   Hopefully TJD and Rob have a fire tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Isn’t Dana Altman under investigation? 

I looked it up. They were listed as a witness because they were recruiting the Bowen kid and were caught on tape saying he is being offered an astronomical figure (not necessarily by them) and Bowen’s father went on to list how much each school was offering with specific amounts...he couldn’t recall Oregon however after listing several other schools offers. Hardly a smoking gun anything was done wrong. Oregon did get NCAA violations for having individual workouts with players when they weren’t allowed to have contact. Stuff I’m sure that happens at every school. Anyways just saying there are some high level coaches I’d be interested in if we have another poor year most would cost a lot to buy out and our University likely wouldn’t pay for them.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep...today was like a PTSD episode. Not to belittle those suffering from PTSD. But my IU fandom definitely had an episode. The coach of Archie present was very similar to the coach of Archie past. My hope for the coach of Archie future with no shooting help on the horizon is looking really scary to me. Hoping for a Christmas miracle.

I am a lot better during games than I use to and even today I had to watch my mouth a few times.  I was so bad that my family did not want to be around me because how I acted during games.  I would throw things and knock over furniture when we were playing bad.  When my kids were getting bigger and my daughter did not want to be in the house during any of my teams games it made me realize it is time to change.

Archived