Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't look but was he ranked very high or ranked at all

I don’t remember...he want a top 100 recruit. He did have good offers though, Wisconsin, Georgetown, Pitt, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Florida, Kstste I think....he actually committed to Ole Miss then decommitted. 

edit in the 250-270s it seems

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t remember...he want a top 100 recruit. He did have good offers though, Wisconsin, Georgetown, Pitt, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Florida, Kstste I think....he actually committed to Ole Miss then decommitted. 

edit in the 250-270s it seems

Kind of surprised it was that low with that offer list.  I guess IG was ranked really low and had some good offerd

32 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Like I said, he probably would but the NCAA isn't known for consistency when granting waivers. I've seen them inexplicably deny waivers for some players that they grant to many others. My point is that as a grad transfer that isn't even a worry.

I bet if he was a QB transferring to Ohio St he’d get a waver. :coffee:

13 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Nick Zeisloft’s sophomore year (before transferring to IU) at IL ST he shot 36% from 3 and was sub 40% overall. 

I think it is no doubt this kid can shoot. I think the question will be will he accept a lesser role (especially this year) and will play defense. He can score and he can shoot but his role would be dramatically different and his NBA aspirations might mean he would like to play somewhere like UT Martin where he had freedom. Let’s wait and see. We certainly could use his shooting coming off the bench.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I think it is no doubt this kid can shoot. I think the question will be will he accept a lesser role (especially this year) and will play defense. He can score and he can shoot but his role would be dramatically different and his NBA aspirations might mean he would like to play somewhere like UT Martin where he had freedom. Let’s wait and see. We certainly could use his shooting coming off the bench.

So are they saying he could play this year

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Right. You just don’t know. This young man has recently been through a life changing event. His Dad and coach passes away suddenly and unexpectedly. I read that Parker found him (don’t know if that’s true).

This IU team seems like a close group with good chemistry. Could be a good place to finish a college career for him. 

Just now, BDB said:

Someone posted on Rivals that he maybe a Memphis lean.  Not sure they are accurate or not.

He is from Tennessee...not sure exactly where. Obviously Memphis has a pretty open and free flowing offense. That said their backcourt is pretty full. They have the Quinones kid we missed and Nolley and Lomax that I can’t see this kid starting over and even though they kinda play a 3 guard lineup like us this kid will likely want more than 20 mins a game. Not even sure we can promise him that much less Memphis.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is from Tennessee...not sure exactly where. Obviously Memphis has a pretty open and free flowing offense. That said their backcourt is pretty full. They have the Quinones kid we missed and Nolley and Lomax that I can’t see this kid starting over and even though they kinda play a 3 guard lineup like us this kid will likely want more than 20 mins a game. Not even sure we can promise him that much less Memphis.

He is from NW Tennessee....Memphis Country.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

With a waiver yes. That is my understanding. He is a grad transfer.

As a grad transfer he won't need a waiver unless there is some special rule regarding midseason transfers.

Edit: That said, meshing with new teammates and picking up a new system would be difficult in such a short time.

1 hour ago, rico said:

He is from NW Tennessee....Memphis Country.

Funny thing was is I lived in SW Kentucky and Union City was like hour or so away but I never heard much about him. Goes to show how much HS basketball in Kentucky and Tennessee means. SEC country so if it isn’t UK basketball or football related it got no air.

12 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Anybody else hearing this is a real possibility? Wouldn’t hurt us at all...

Kid has a family connection with an IU assistant.  However. There are family connections with two other schools on his list.

Just a matter of time.... before we hear if IU makes his list.

Archived