Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Some of you may already know.  But Parker is down to IU, Memphis, and Kansas State. Being to told to expect a commit in the next several days.... as he is anxious to enroll, soon in the school of his choice.

Will he be available after enrollment or is he out until next year? 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Some of you may already know.  But Parker is down to IU, Memphis, and Kansas State. Being to told to expect a commit in the next several days.... as he is anxious to enroll, soon in the school of his choice.

Last we saw he was down to a final four including those three and Arkansas. Nice to see us with a 33% chance instead of 25%. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I counted 12 and 1 walk-on at Memphis. 12 at KSU. He is going to play this season so I don’t think a team without a scholarship would still be in the running at this point. Being a grad transfer he could transfer again at the end of the year.

He might be able to transfer again due to covid (I'm not sure) but under normal circumstances he wouldn't be able to. Grad transfers usually get just 1 free transfer.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I counted 12 and 1 walk-on at Memphis. 12 at KSU. He is going to play this season so I don’t think a team without a scholarship would still be in the running at this point. Being a grad transfer he could transfer again at the end of the year.

That’s 13 with 1 walk on. I know the guys at the top and bottom are cut off. 

D0B42B20-8A2F-4D01-AB61-7DC15071E86C.png

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That’s 13 with 1 walk on. I know the guys at the top and bottom are cut off. 

D0B42B20-8A2F-4D01-AB61-7DC15071E86C.png

My bad I didn’t see Stokes listed. He isn’t on the roster but apparently got suspended from the team. Not sure what that means about his scholarship. Seems he is still enrolled there so I guess he has a scholarship. Maybe Stewart will pay his own way.

3 hours ago, DireBump said:

I was under the impression that this year didn't count as a year of eligibility due to the virus.

You are correct. He has two years left not counting this year and he is interested in the nba anyways so he may not even use all that eligibility. He almost stayed in the draft this year. Memphis makes sense if he wants to keep playing college ball and he doesn’t need a scholarship this year because it’s close to home and they play a style that suits his free lance play but man IU would have major minutes for him with Al leaving after this year likely. Even if Aminu comes in they are both big guards that can slide over to play the 3. We would be very deep and loaded in the backcourt. Front court of course would be thin if Trayce leaves. If he stays then you might actually have a B1G contender on your hands.

He would probably play spot minutes the rest of this year while he got acclimated but a shooter will always find a way to get on the court.

It's one thing to add a player midseason that has been with you all summer and Fall and everyone involved (mainly the other players) knew the situation, but I can't imagine a player joining the team midseason that just showed up and that going very well. 

I can't see that the current players taking too kindly to it and I can't see the player coming in being able to get up to speed and make much of an impact, if any, this season. 

I actually had this happen when I played college basketball. I was at the D2 level and we had a kid transfer in over the holiday break from LaSalle. So that's a kid going from D1 down to D2, so you'd expect he could compete from day 1. Everyone on the team handled it well from a chemistry standpoint, but the kid couldn't get up to speed having missed all of our offseason and preseason work as well as our first 10 or so games, and we weren't even that good.

He hardly played at all the rest of that season. 

The chemistry part is one I'd worry about...

I think with Justin Smith and Devonte Green gone, TJD feels like, even though he wasn't named a captain, he's the best player on this team and he'll voice his opinion. We saw a bit of that after the FSU game.

Parker-Stewart is obviously an older kid (22) that is use to a lead role. That can lead to conflict. Not saying it would, but the potential is there...

Archived