Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Re: Stewart.

I’ve heard from two people (who know the kid) that Kansas State’s futility may be too tough for him to ignore. 

Could get interesting here...

Since I feel like you could care less about recruiting rankings/hype, do you think Stewart or Mohammed would be a better fit for our team?

thanks!

10 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I’ve heard from two people (who know the kid) that Kansas State’s futility may be too tough for him to ignore. 

That’s great to hear. I know Arkansas loves to fire up the 3...So that one I’m worried about. Did the kid set a time table for a decision? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s great to hear. I know Arkansas loves to fire up the 3...So that one I’m worried about. Did the kid set a time table for a decision? Thanks!

Watched some of one game of Arkansas and their leading scorer is a freshman shooting guard so maybe that would hinder Stewart wanting to go there.  also has he visited any other of the schools besides IU

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Memphis maybe?

I would assume at this time every team has players in his position so it probably wouldn't matter.  I saw a little of Memphis this year and I know they have a former IU target in Quinones but don't know much about the rest of the team.  I would think it is a good sign that he took the time to come up to Bloomington to visit IU

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I would assume at this time every team has players in his position so it probably wouldn't matter.  I saw a little of Memphis this year and I know they have a former IU target in Quinones but don't know much about the rest of the team.  I would think it is a good sign that he took the time to come up to Bloomington to visit IU

Memphis hasn’t been the most exciting team this year

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Memphis hasn’t been the most exciting team this year

To me they are all about glitz than substance because of Penny being the coach there.  I will have to see if he can actually coach and develop players before I think he can be a good college coach.

2 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Thanks coach. Always a reward when we hear from you.  Always on top of your game.... and please stay safe.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me they are all about glitz than substance because of Penny being the coach there.  I will have to see if he can actually coach and develop players before I think he can be a good college coach.

Penny has shown one thing thus far...he can recruit.

Very fair to question whether he can actually coach or develop talent as there's little evidence (at least yet) to support either assertion.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Memphis plays a 3 guard lineup and have 3 pretty good starters.  Can’t say any are way better than Stewart but they’ve been in the system. Knolley transfered from Va Tech and is pretty good. Quinones was pretty highly rated recruit...not bad but been up and down...Lomax who is their point guard and pretty good. They have two other guards that come off the bench in Baugh and Ellis. It’s a pretty crowded backcourt honestly. That said I think Stewart would start and a bench kid would likely transfer if he went there.

Great news!! We certainly can use his shooting. Kid can play on ball or off. His size should allow him to hold his own defensively. Buys us time until guys like Leal are ready to contribute. Don’t expect much this year...maybe spot minutes here and there but at least he is a threat to knock down a shot when he comes in.

Archived