Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

He’ll fit in just fine, he can stroke the three ball. He’ll give Jerome a run for his money in terms of best 3 pt shooter on the team. 

I mean as far as chemistry and picking up on the offensive and defensive schemes. I doubt he'll have much trouble with the offense but it seems to have taken guys a while to get the packline. I don't know which schemes he's been coached. He did get both undergrad and master degrees in 4 years so he's obviously quite intelligent and learning a new system may come easily for him. Chemistry you never know until he joins. I just think it may be difficult to come in to a new team in the middle of the year.

But even if he gives them a good 10-15 minutes off the bench to keep the defenses honest, that'll help.

7 minutes ago, Hoosier76 said:

Have to like the ability to shoot the 3 and a guy that hits the books as well. I think I read he got a degree in 2 years at Martin. I like it 🤘

He did but I think he had transfer credits so it seems weird that they're not counting those. He also has a master's degree. Including his time at Pitt, it took him only 4 years to earn both degrees which is impressive.

Edit: I just looked and he was a freshman in '17-'18 at Pitt and then earned his degree in '19 during his RS season at UTM so it was just 2 years total. And his masters degree in either 1 or 1.5 years.

• KDB changed the title to Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana
9 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I hope he plays this season. He could make it so our starting guards dont have to play 30+ minutes a game. Also I saw hes never played with a good big before so TJD taking alot of attention could help boost parkers offense too. Very excited about this commit. 

The best 3 we shoot is the inside out 3. Trayce will draw tons of attention in the post in B1G play. He won’t score 25 a night they won’t let him. I know this kid won’t play big minutes but he is a threat to bring in and help balance the floor.

Archived