Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very good pickup and wonder how he picks up the defense.  They say it takes a year or so to learn the pack line so that would be a concern.  If he plays this year I think he will be fine on the offensive end.  I guess you can look at it that we got a player a the trade deadline and have to work that player into the team.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is a very good pickup and wonder how he picks up the defense.  They say it takes a year or so to learn the pack line so that would be a concern.  If he plays this year I think he will be fine on the offensive end.  I guess you can look at it that we got a player a the trade deadline and have to work that player into the team.

If he plays with effort and energy...I’m sure he is smart enough to get by. We’ve had guys in the past not give that and they still played meaningful minutes. I think he will be A ok. I can see this team become dangerous late in the season if chooses to come. Won’t happen overnight but maybe by tournament time he will be able to fully contribute.

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

He'll have two years of eligibility correct? He won't be able to play this season also?

Yes, he has two years of eligibility. He is eligible to play during the second semester of this season, and would still have 2 years of eligibility if he were to play any during this season.

It's still up in the air on whether or not he will play at all during this season, per Jeff Borzello.

17 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

The only downside, which could actually be an upside, is he's been on a lot of losing teams. 

Pitt 2017–18 record    8–24 (0–18 ACC) Stallings 2nd year 
UTM 2019–20 record    9–20 (5–13 OVC)

So he should be hungry to win. 

Michael Jordan was on some bad teams til he got some help.

Yeah, extreme example, I know.  😁

Archived