Parker Stewart (Transfer) Commits to Indiana

gnet550

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Backcourt feels pretty crowded now. We need an upgrade badly and I think they can all play together but you have to wonder if he caught wind and moved his decision date because of Stewart....thing is if he was announcing a different school it wouldn’t matter than would it?! 

To me Muhammad is more of a 3 than a guard and plays more inside

His father passed away out of the blue at the young age of 50.  I didn’t realize that it just happened less than a month ago.  

On another note, it has been already discussed how successful he’s been graduating on an accelerated pace.  

I am soooo pulling for this kid.  

As a player, he gives us a dynamic scorer.  We need that to get a guy who can generate offense besides TJD.  I mentioned this early in this thread but he’s got an absolutely insane quick release.  

31 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I havent been online all day and come on to this. Welcome to IU young man. I hope you have been running, playing a lot of hoops. Get in shape quick. Lets go Archie get him on the court. I will be staying off line on the 21st.

Ditto, busy with work all day, actually just getting home. Get online to check the other recruit- possibly announcing 12-15 and find a pleasant surprise recruit. Nice job by the staff ( Hunter) and wish this young man nothing but good.

18 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Looking forward to watching him next season for the Hoosiers!

I’ll have more breakdown coming (through these emails) about what he projects for next season but not impossible to think he can get decent usage off the bench with around 18-22 minutes. 

I think he can be a valuable addition. And, when paired with the right guards, can find the appropriate matchup defensively. He isn’t a stalwart but he isn’t a total zero either. He projects to be a solid, dependable Big Ten off-ball guard. 
As Indiana’s fourth or fifth option, it’s nice to have an outside-first off-ball type. 
Thrilled to have him!

Are you indicating that he isn't playing this year?

Another high character kid. Get him in the right sets with Lander this or next year and I see a kid that can chip in those oh so valuable 8-9 points from the wing most games and that's all we need.

Kudos to staff for keeping the pedal down. Can't help but pull for a kid that has dealt with so much early in life. 

37 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Looking forward to watching him next season for the Hoosiers!

I’ll have more breakdown coming (through these emails) about what he projects for next season but not impossible to think he can get decent usage off the bench with around 18-22 minutes. 

I think he can be a valuable addition. And, when paired with the right guards, can find the appropriate matchup defensively. He isn’t a stalwart but he isn’t a total zero either. He projects to be a solid, dependable Big Ten off-ball guard. 
As Indiana’s fourth or fifth option, it’s nice to have an outside-first off-ball type. 
Thrilled to have him!

4th or 5th? If TJD leaves then what 4 players would be ahead of him as a threat to score?! Either he isn't that great or do you feel we will be getting a couple more impactful additions for next year?

I'm very excited about this pickup. Looking at his stats, he put up very impressive offensive numbers as a freshman at Pitt. He was the best shooting guard on that team, which included Marcus Carr. He obviously had a different high usage role at UT Martin, putting up bigger per game numbers on lower efficiency. But if he can build on the shooting and efficiency numbers he's put up in his career, in a lower to mid usage role, he could be one of if not our best offensive guards.

The only question is if he can play good enough defense. That's the biggest question to me.

Archived