2023 Recruiting Class

btownqb

• 2 weeks later...

AJ Garcia has since committed to Michigan and basically didn't say a thing about Mercer or IU in his commitment to Michigan. So he and Tracy Smith can go F off. I am not sure how much OF time was going to be available to him as a FR. 

We might not lose a single OF after this year, plus we added Taylor and Wiggins is in his class. So... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Big commitment today. 

https://twitter.com/B_Sakowski_PG/status/1583883985629114370?t=QsAqQGuZrh-LEbyGNlxMDA&s=19

Won't embed. 

Top 200 overall player from Illinois. Can play all three OF spots. 

I'm going out on a limb with the 23 class... but the class 21 and 22 were both deemed the best in the B1G. 

I think 23 will be. Damn near certain 24 will be.  

Mercer will have recruited the best overall class in the B1G 4 years in a row.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

Big commitment today. 

https://twitter.com/B_Sakowski_PG/status/1583883985629114370?t=QsAqQGuZrh-LEbyGNlxMDA&s=19

Won't embed. 

Top 200 overall player from Illinois. Can play all three OF spots. 

I'm going out on a limb with the 23 class... but the class 21 and 22 were both deemed the best in the B1G. 

I think 23 will be. Damn near certain 24 will be.  

Mercer will have recruited the best overall class in the B1G 4 years in a row.  

I was knee deep in football but this is a big one. My best friend lives in Huntley and this is his good friends kid. Said absolute big time commit...should be rated higher. Has a twin brother who is going to South Carolina.

This is a big pickup after he was headed to Wichita St originally.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I was knee deep in football but this is a big one. My best friend lives in Huntley and this is his good friends kid. Said absolute big time commit...should be rated higher. Has a twin brother who is going to South Carolina.

This is a big pickup after he was headed to Wichita St originally.

That's the 2nd WSU decommit we've gained.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll file that in the odd department. Chances of IU baseball getting 2 decommits from same school seems like something is up there.....oh well. As long as the guys keep choosing us. 

Baseball money works funky. It's money, opportunity to play... just as much as it is anything else. 11.7 scholarships to divide up. I think it's insane college baseball players can't get full rides. 

Plus, Covid years for current college players is still throwing things for a loop. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Baseball money works funky. It's money, opportunity to play... just as much as it is anything else. 11.7 scholarships to divide up. I think it's insane college baseball players can't get full rides. 

Plus, Covid years for current college players is still throwing things for a loop. 

Since you follow baseball recruiting, will the better recruits in this class make it to campus. Are there any that might be high enough draft picks and sign and play in the minors.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since you follow baseball recruiting, will the better recruits in this class make it to campus. Are there any that might be high enough draft picks and sign and play in the minors.

I sincerely hope so. We have to recruit talent, some of it will go to the Pros... happens with every elite college baseball program in the country. 

And Andrew Wiggins would fit that bill. 

Maybe with NIL and HOPEFULLY full schollys soon, the lure of the minors won't be as prominent. Oh and there are only 20 rounds now. That for sure helps. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...