Bucket Game

Is anyone else just kind of over Big Ten football? It's been awesome seeing what our team has done, but it's just been so much unnecessary drama at a time when nobody needed it. From not starting until October 24th, to having games get cancelled with no chance of being made up, to the league changing the rules to remove us from the championship, to the Bucket game getting cancelled, then back on again but maybe not...just tired of all this. 

Friday night is an awful time for this game if it happens. 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Is anyone else just kind of over Big Ten football? It's been awesome seeing what our team has done, but it's just been so much unnecessary drama at a time when nobody needed it. From not starting until October 24th, to having games get cancelled with no chance of being made up, to the league changing the rules to remove us from the championship, to the Bucket game getting cancelled, then back on again but maybe not...just tired of all this. 

I'm not over it. The alternative of having no season and not experiencing this run and program take a step forward far outweighs the "drama" or challenges we've had to overcome. Its been a fun year to experience in such unprecedented times. It's a great day to be a Hoosier!

15 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm not over it.  In fact, I think it is wonderful!  Just think:  Watching college football during December during a pandemic is a riot!  Watching Indiana beat Purdue in the Oaken Bucket Friday night game is going to be phenomenal.  Watching these student-athletes learn to not give up during periods of adversity is...uh...enlightening and good for the morale of us Hoosier fans.  

Yeah, it has been a jerky, rough ride.  I think it is even more so for the football players and coaches.  Unnecessary drama?! To quote Shirley Temple: Oh my goodness!  To quote Oddball in Kelly's Heroes:  Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? 

Since I am a cup is half full kind of fan...I say...Kick the ball!  Beat Purdue like a rug!

And remember what that great ex-Hoosier football head coach Lee Corso said: Hawaii doesn't win many games in the United States.

Another game would have been nice but a win over PU wouldn't have moved us up most likely.  And an upset loss would have killed our New Year's day chances.  

At least we got several teams ahead of us to cheer against this weekend.  I know I'm gonna be huge Northwestern fan this weekend.  lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

7 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Another game would have been nice but a win over PU wouldn't have moved us up most likely.  And an upset loss would have killed our New Year's day chances.  

At least we got several teams ahead of us to cheer against this weekend.  I know I'm gonna be huge Northwestern fan this weekend.  lol

Go Hoosiers!!!

If Northwestern upsets O$U there is a good chance they jump us in polls. IU is better off if Northwestern gets slapped down this week.

6 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

Northwestern winning would be very bad for us. That would put us as the 3rd ranked big ten team, and would probably knock us out of a NY6 bowl.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Maybe the committee will throw us a bone.......We just need to be at least 12th.....

We'll probably need to be at least 11th.  USC is currently behind us, but they have an automatic bid as the PAC 12 champ.  At 11th, if Cincinnati loses and falls behind us, and Coastal Carolina doesn't pass us, we'd miss out.  USC, and the highest G5 team would take the last 2 spots.  The B1G, SEC, ACC, and Big 12 will use their automatic qualifiers either in the CFP, or will be ranked ahead of us, so we need top 10 to guaranteed a spot in a New Years 6 bowl.

3 hours ago, Kdug said:

Northwestern winning would be very bad for us. That would put us as the 3rd ranked big ten team, and would probably knock us out of a NY6 bowl.

No way will I cheer for OSU.  I think we are in a great spot either way for a NY6.  Heck a Northwestern beat down of OSU could move us ahead of them.  Anyway out of our hands at this point.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived