Investing

54 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Looks like Gamestop, AMC, and a couple other stocks that were pumped up are coming crashing down hard the last few days.  Gamestop is on its 3rd straight day of pretty heavy selling.  I wonder if it has another run in it, or if this is the beginning of the end.

Some reddit investigators are saying after market volume is really low and no way they have covered the shorts.  I saw some timeline for reporting, it's reporting today by 6 pm est.  And then that info is disseminated the 9th at 4 pm. http://www.nasdaqtrader.com/trader.aspx?id=shortintpubsch

Many of the redditors and deep blanking value are saying hold.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Looks like Gamestop, AMC, and a couple other stocks that were pumped up are coming crashing down hard the last few days.  Gamestop is on its 3rd straight day of pretty heavy selling.  I wonder if it has another run in it, or if this is the beginning of the end.

Lots of reasons why. Some good some not so good. I'm staying put for the time being. I'm actually coming around on AMC for the near term (12 months) ...not just what each day brings. If it dips again below $6 I'm buying more. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Lots of reasons why. Some good some not so good. I'm staying put for the time being. I'm actually coming around on AMC for the near term (12 months) ...not just what each day brings. If it dips again below $6 I'm buying more. 

I'm on to the next boom...dogecoin! Not really, it's crap, but I do like the Stellar Lumens crypto.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 5:18 PM, Leathernecks said:

I'm on to the next boom...dogecoin! Not really, it's crap, but I do like the Stellar Lumens crypto.

Maybe I should have put money in dogecoin!  It has about doubled since I posted this.  It is way too much of a crap shoot for my blood though.  I'm happy holding onto my Lumens.  Up about 20% since I bought it last Saturday.  Really like the company and the potential of their coin.  It's really surging tonight which is part of why I bought some.  Gives me something to watch on the weekends.

Also bought into a penny stock yesterday, LLKKF.  Produces possibly the most pure lithium for batteries in the world.  The process is being tested by battery maker Novonix.  The chief scientific advisor at Novonix, Jeff Dahn, has a battery research contract with Tesla.  I'm looking for the LLKKF lithium to make great batteries that end up getting used by Tesla.  If that happens, this stock could be a monster.

Always a risk with a stock that is $0.26, but man, if they do pick up a Tesla contract, this thing could skyrocket.

25 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Does anyone have a link to a compelling report on what exactly happened here and how the stock tanked back down so quickly? So much news coverage, it's hard to sift thru.

You talking Gamestop?  

Many believe that Melvin played with the ladder attacks and with Robinhood and others help to freeze buying, scaring the piss out of the paper hands to sell and now they have been able to cover their shorts.  However, Deepbeepingvalue is holding and many others saying they think it's mathematically impossible for them to have totally covered.  We will know on the 9th at 4pm when the info is released publicly.  

Still holding my 3.   

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Hard to beat any employee match. Always nice to be able to get free money with no risk. 

Agreed.  4% is the the most I've had but I've had a 5 yr and 3 yr vesting schedule.

All my bennies start day 1. Even better, no contract and no non compete agreement.  But the really dont need one. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I started this year realizing I’m eligible for the $6K catch up contribution to my TIAA-CREF 403 account. So, bumped up that contribution to the max of $26K per year. Will help a bit on taxes and I want to turbocharge these last 5-7 years before I hopefully retire early. 

That's also how much I put into mine...every 9 or 10 years haha. Crazy New Yorkers!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Yes, we are insane. If I told you how much we pay in rent each month for our 500 sq ft box you would think I’m insane. 

I just went and worked up material cost of turning my daughters 484 sq ft garage into two bead rooms, bath and workout room. Less than $6k. 
what ya paying a month? 

Edited by JOEunderscoreHoopsier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JOEunderscoreHoopsier said:

I just went and worked up material cost of turning my daughters 484 sq ft garage into two bead rooms, bath and workout room. Less than $6k. 
what ya paying a month? 

That’s what I keep telling my wife, we could build something upstate MUCH cheaper. Let’s just say less than two months of rent here is a bit more than your renovation.. 

• Sad 1

I had $100 bucks in doge and got out yesterday up $49.  

I'm waiting on the 4pm info drop on where these hedge funds still stand on any shorts with gme before I cut my loses on the 3 shares.  

If you haven't heard of Shift Four Payments (Four) look them up.  I was told their ceo has essentially said he's going to try and become a monopoly until he's stopped.  It will be touch less payment system that will clean Square's clock.  He's giving it to restaurants and small businesses.  I already used the system to pay at Ashley Furniture and maggiano's.  They print a receipt.  You hit it with your qr reader.  Bam pay.  

On 2/9/2021 at 12:35 PM, NotIThatLives said:

I had $100 bucks in doge and got out yesterday up $49.  

That's the thing with doge, I think there is money to be made at times, but not as a long term hold.  Get in on a dip, and you might be able to make some money like you did.  Never know with that coin though.  Definitely a gambling man's crypto.

I'm up close to 60% with XLM the last 2 weeks.  It has been steady up every day for about a week now.  I like that it isn't nearly as volatile as a lot of the crypto market.  I haven't played around with crypto before now, but there are some crazy swings out there.

I do think the crypto market in general is poised for a surge as they get more and more businesses jumping on board using crypto for payments.  It will all be about finding the right one to have as places announce what coin they'll be using.  I feel good that XLM will be used by a decent amount of businesses in the future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

That's the thing with doge, I think there is money to be made at times, but not as a long term hold.  Get in on a dip, and you might be able to make some money like you did.  Never know with that coin though.  Definitely a gambling man's crypto.

I'm up close to 60% with XLM the last 2 weeks.  It has been steady up every day for about a week now.  I like that it isn't nearly as volatile as a lot of the crypto market.  I haven't played around with crypto before now, but there are some crazy swings out there.

I do think the crypto market in general is poised for a surge as they get more and more businesses jumping on board using crypto for payments.  It will all be about finding the right one to have as places announce what coin they'll be using.  I feel good that XLM will be used by a decent amount of businesses in the future.

One thing I keep thinking about the crypto market is that it might get a boost if NY legalizes weed finally. Back before I found my delivery guy, I used a place in DC that you had to use some weird crypto for transactions. 

35 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

One thing I keep thinking about the crypto market is that it might get a boost if NY legalizes weed finally. Back before I found my delivery guy, I used a place in DC that you had to use some weird crypto for transactions. 

Lots of money in the weed game. I was in Hexo stock for a while which was a weed company. Got out before it started to jump unfortunately. 

I think the next few years will see a lot of new businesses in crypto. Yesterday Mastercard said they're going to start supporting cryptocurrencies. I would guess a ton more places will do that in the next couple years.

I think we'll see paying with cryptocurrencies become a lot more mainstream. 

• Like 1