Florida State Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because he is not able to compete right now.  Also being the most talented does not mean the best player at this time.  Also if we had our normal off season and and pre season I would think he might be farther along.

There's physical talent, that Jordan has, and there's basketball talent which he is developing...

That's the distinction to me...I'd say Romeo Langford and TJD are both more talented basketball players than Jordan...he may get to their level, but he's not close right now...

26 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i feel weird being on the same side of an argument with IUFLA, so i'll stop. 

Why would that be?

I know you're the sensitive type, but I'm not sure when I offended you to the point you feel "weird" about being on the same side of an argument, and I'm not really sure that's true at all...

I see the physical talents of Jordan Geronimo...he's got some catching up to do in the development of his game, but he certainly has the tools...

later on in that article that I cited Archie said, “He’s going to be super strong.  He’s the best athlete, great length.  Doesn’t know what he’s doing sometimes, then you’ll watch and he’ll make three plays and you’re like ‘holy cow.’"

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Why would that be?

I know you're the sensitive type, but I'm not sure when I offended you to the point you feel "weird" about being on the same side of an argument, and I'm not really sure that's true at all...

I see the physical talents of Jordan Geronimo...he's got some catching up to do in the development of his game, but he certainly has the tools...

later on in that article that I cited Archie said, “He’s going to be super strong.  He’s the best athlete, great length.  Doesn’t know what he’s doing sometimes, then you’ll watch and he’ll make three plays and you’re like ‘holy cow.’"

not offended my man.  we just almost always disagree and that's okay. no problem here.  

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Why would that be?

Seriously, you’re overlooking he is the NH POY coming in. The idea he has to develop basketball skill is way, way off. He is not some athlete learning the game, this isn’t Hanner Parea, he’s skilled, but his outside shot is still developing and his competition for his position - Floor time is veteran. You’re reading way into CAM’s limited quotes you looked for without seeing the real picture. You think he dominated the scene and became the NH POY by athleticism? You think CAM saying then you watch and he’ll make three plays and that’s not basketball?? Of course CAM is saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing sometimes - he says that about almost every frosh he coaches, these kids come in and have to adjust to the college game and CAM is all about “getting older. Seriously, not just arguing with you but you don’t know what you’re talking about here. He is far from some athlete 

8 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Seriously, you’re overlooking he is the NH POY coming in. The idea he has to develop basketball skill is way, way off. He is not some athlete learning the game, this isn’t Hanner Parea, he’s skilled, but his outside shot is still developing and his competition for his position - Floor time is veteran. You’re reading way into CAM’s limited quotes you looked for without seeing the real picture. You think he dominated the scene and became the NH POY by athleticism? You think CAM saying then you watch and he’ll make three plays and that’s not basketball?? Of course CAM is saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing sometimes - he says that about almost every frosh he coaches, these kids come in and have to adjust to the college game and CAM is all about “getting older. Seriously, not just arguing with you but you don’t know what you’re talking about here. He is far from some athlete 

So, a simple question...

Is Jordan Geronimo as talented a basketball player, right now as Romeo Langford was as a freshman? Is he as talented a basketball player right now as Trace Jackson-Davis was as a freshman?

I think we both know the answer...

And I never said he was just an athlete trying to play basketball. I watched the video of his high school games just like you did. He's got a good game with lots of room for improvement (read: potential).

My contention was that Archie's comment, which you shortened removing context, was based on more on his physical skills and potential than the current state of his basketball development.

And I actually agree with you on the point that by this time next year, he could be a major contributor on the cusp of stardom.

It's up to him to develop the parts of his game that are keeping him off of the floor at this point.

Why to we continue to lose these games? We have good kids with talent. What is missing? It's very simple. The will to win. Show me a mean streak in any of these kids. I don't see it on the court? The will to fight, the will to overcome and have each others back. one body, one mind coming together to make one team equals victory. 

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

Why to we continue to lose these games? We have good kids with talent. What is missing? It's very simple. The will to win. Show me a mean streak in any of these kids. I don't see it on the court? The will to fight, the will to overcome and have each others back. one body, one mind coming together to make one team equals victory. 

Simply?  More Geronimoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

geronimo-national-archives.jpg

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So, a simple question...

Is Jordan Geronimo as talented a basketball player, right now as Romeo Langford was as a freshman? Is he as talented a basketball player right now as Trace Jackson-Davis was as a freshman?

I think we both know the answer...

And I never said he was just an athlete trying to play basketball. I watched the video of his high school games just like you did. He's got a good game with lots of room for improvement (read: potential).

My contention was that Archie's comment, which you shortened removing context, was based on more on his physical skills and potential than the current state of his basketball development.

And I actually agree with you on the point that by this time next year, he could be a major contributor on the cusp of stardom.

It's up to him to develop the parts of his game that are keeping him off of the floor at this point.

Fair - and I think we do actually agree more than we’re disagreeing. The potential combined with current skill level is how he and Vic were scouted — no, definitely not saying he’s on Romeo’s level now. Yes, on his current skill level and athleticism he has the potential to develop along the lines that Vic did.
And a side note on Vic — on this team, under CAM, Vic would likely have been worked in slowly just as Geronimo is. Vic was given the minutes and opportunity he got because of who was in the team at the time, and he developed obviously exceptionally well. But that also is the point here, for people who immediately out of the gate say things like see he’s not playing much right now that shows he’s not good enough to be playing right now. That’s just flat out wrong.

16 hours ago, jojo123 said:

You obviously didn't hear anything about the post-game locker room.

Archived