Florida State Postgame Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, iufaninand said:

I think you’re absolute correct. We need an AA pg that can shoot. We’re not going to get one because Archie runs everything through the post and recruits know that. We need to hope that Lander can develop into one and Archie needs to allow 3 point shots as part of the offense and not just hoisting them up late in the shot clock because nothing else is working. It’s obvious that guys are hesitant because he doesn’t encourage that. We just can’t seem to get a coach with balance. Crean was all offense and now Archie is all defense

Kind of reminds me when RMK was coaching and Fife never looked to shoot but once Davis loosen the offense up Fife was a great shooter.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember RP hitting about a pull up 15 footer and Al hitting a 3 but everything else was pretty much TJD.

Just checked the play by play out of curiosity, RP hit a jumper at 4:44, Al hit a 3 at 3:50. After that, TJD had 9 of our last 10 points , with RP hitting 1 of 2 free throws as the only non-TJD point. We need another scorer to step up in crunch time

We can ALL disect this in many different ways but I'm gonna tell you one more time that the success of this team rides on RP & JH shoulders!  TJD will get his but we need more from two kids that have the potential to put this team over the top!  9 pts will simply not cut it and I'm so disappointed in both to start this season!  I just believe these two have so much more to offer than what is displayed and we won't get to where we want to go until either finds there heart!

I'm not convinced this team is going to be much better than last year.  I know we got "good Devonte" vs Florida St last year but we beat a better FSU team by 16. 

The Big 10 is going to be a grind and I just don't see how we fare much better than .500.  I think we beat Butler and obviously N Alabama.  5-2 heading into conference.  If we go .500, which is generous, 15-12 is just...ugh. 

29 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

I think you’re absolute correct. We need an AA pg that can shoot. We’re not going to get one because Archie runs everything through the post and recruits know that. We need to hope that Lander can develop into one and Archie needs to allow 3 point shots as part of the offense and not just hoisting them up late in the shot clock because nothing else is working. It’s obvious that guys are hesitant because he doesn’t encourage that. We just can’t seem to get a coach with balance. Crean was all offense and now Archie is all defense

Its interesting- Archie was a shooter as a player, that's what got him playing time. However, he seems to throw his hands up whenever a shot is taken and missed.  Not going to make them all, and maybe kids have to have more confidence.  Coach can help with that.

7 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I'm not convinced this team is going to be much better than last year.  I know we got "good Devonte" vs Florida St last year but we beat a better FSU team by 16. 

The Big 10 is going to be a grind and I just don't see how we fare much better than .500.  I think we beat Butler and obviously N Alabama.  5-2 heading into conference.  If we go .500, which is generous, 15-12 is just...ugh. 

You’re not convinced this team is better than last or you’re just speaking in terms of what you think our record will be vs last year? You can’t look at record.  I think you’re nuts (no offense) if you don’t think we’re better than last year.

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

If only RP hit both FTs late in the game, Hoosiers win, no OT needed!!!

Yeah, not happy with RP or AD. The combination of the two HAVE to be exponentially better with hitting shots and making better decisions. 5-20 combined will not cut it. And to think we still should have beat a top 25 team on the road. 🤬

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You’re not convinced this team is better than last or you’re just speaking in terms of what you think our record will be vs last year? You can’t look at record.  I think you’re nuts (no offense) if you don’t think we’re better than last year.

The perception of IU basketball is at an all time low imo.  We have to win games.  There aren't any participation trophies.  No time for moral victories.  I don't care what our SOS is.  The guys played a good game, I'll give them credit.  But in the end, they lost.  There are going to be 15+ more games like that on our schedule.  Gotta win.  Perception is very important for Archie and the program right now.  This is the year we were supposed to take a step forward.  I'm not convinced we have the players to do it. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

One thing I hate about college basketball is how over-officiated and over-coached the games are. 

I don't mean the refs were bad against IU, they were just bad overall. They almost made the game unwatchable. Most college games are like that. 

College basketball has become an ugly sport. 

I think we have a team that can win a lot of ugly games which like it or not, may be the most important thing in college basketball. I like the direction we are going. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From the sound of it we were out rebounded by a lot but just looked at the stats and they out rebounded us 41-40 and 16-13 on the offensive boards

I saw that late in the 2nd half IU was out rebounding them 43-32. By the end of OT it was 44-44. So FSU killed IU on the boards at the end of the game.

I'll give Al a pass, but Lander and especially Rob have been disappointments this year. Either of them steps up and this team takes it to a new level. 

Rob the issue is between the ears IMO, Lander needs to adjust to the college game. 

Al gets a pass because of the injury, but we need him to be a reliable shooter from deep. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

To me we are just missing one other top scorer who can get their own shot.  We don't have anyone who can just take their man off the dribble and finish at the basket or pull up for a go 12 foot shot.  Also like everyone else can see we need a knock down shooter who has confidence shooting.  I would assume this game was like others is our guys are not ready to shoot when they get the ball.  You can't decide to shoot once you have the ball but you need to see a pass or 2 ahead.  I don't know if it is just that these guys can't shoot or Archie needs to loosen up a little and let the kids shoot.  It is aright running the offense from inside out because it will allow shooters to be open and able to step into their shots.

I’m going to keep repeating it until maybe cam hears lol. Freaking play Hunter more. He can shoot, he now has a mid-range game with a hook shot. He can put it on the floor - when allowed to. It’s early but I am frustrated that cam is not giving him more run. He can add a lot more offensively 

we went 4-15 from deep

Hunter’s 2-3 accounted for half of our 3’s. That’s crazy.

Galloway played 20 minutes with 0 points a rebound and a TO. Look, I like his upside but playing him 20 and Hunter 16 especially in this game is just not right. Come on CAM 

Archived