Dan Dakich: Part?

rico

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No Scott. It’s really about demographics and relating with people common to your upbringing. Dan seems to believe he’s outgrown that 

You may be on to something.  I'm willing to bet Dan is a cool neighbor on the lake though.  He mentions his neighbors, not by name.  He mentions his friends all the time.  I'm wondering if he doesn't talk trash on the radio while texting Izzo, "trashing you on the radio but it's all for fun and money.  Love you brother."

He has trashed OSU and killed urban Meyer many times.  Uh, he was just on the show and they talked lime best friends and said, see you soon, like good friends.  He has claimed to be really good friends with Urban Meyer.  

The stupid thing is, Urban Meyer and Izzo aren't his customers.  Why trash your fans, listeners, and customers?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, madmax said:

FWIW, Dakich will always have this commentary on Grayson Allen that warms my heart. Skip to 40 seconds in and watch the whole thing, it’s great. Dan says what so many never would. 

Screw Grayson Allen. Such a dirty player who can only do cheap shots like that and tripping. If he actually tried to fight someone he'd get his ass kicked.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:04 PM, go_iu_bb said:

Screw Grayson Allen. Such a dirty player who can only do cheap shots like that and tripping. If he actually tried to fight someone he'd get his ass kicked.

I'd love to see video footage of someone telling him "Say goodnight, Gracie" and unloading a solid right cross on him. 

Hell I'd pay for that, actually. 

13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

dan-dakich-ap-1024x780.jpg

From when Dan had hair, and one of my uncles was his god father.

That pic is probably from the 1984 East Regional Final we lost to Virginia...Othell Wilson with the ball...

Will Sheehey's uncle, Tom, played in that game for the Cavaliers... 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That pic is probably from the 1984 East Regional Final we lost to Virginia...Othell Wilson with the ball...

Will Sheehey's uncle, Tom, played in that game for the Cavaliers... 

Don't know when the game was played.  However nice mention about Sheehey's uncle.  Thanks for the share.

21 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Don't know when the game was played.  However nice mention about Sheehey's uncle.  Thanks for the share.

Actually DD kind o lost us that game because I think we were up 1 or tied and we were holding the ball.  DD turned his back to the defender and he stole the ball and they end up scoring to win the game.  That was the game right after he held Jordan to 13 points in the sweet 16

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually DD kind o lost us that game because I think we were up 1 or tied and we were holding the ball.  DD turned his back to the defender and he stole the ball and they end up scoring to win the game.  That was the game right after he held Jordan to 13 points in the sweet 16

Kenton Edelin...For some reason I remember the gut wrenching losses better than the thrilling wins...

Just now, IU Scott said:

What is the hardest loss for you as an IU fan ?  I was 5 when we lost in 75 to UK after May's injury so I don't remember to much ab out that.

That was the one...for some reason it wasn't on TV in Franklin, so my Dad and I listened to it in the garage on a radio he had in there...

The radio didn't make it...

The 74-75 team was just so devastatingly dominant...and for that to happen, and to those hicks from Kentucky no less, after we'd beaten them by 20+ in the regular season was just crushing... 

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Mine probably was the 92 final 4 game against Duke

Others 93 against KU in the elite 8 and 86 against Cleveland St. in the first round

Regular season 89 on Nick Anderson's 35 foot shot at the buzzer

The 92 FF against Duke is the one for me... I was so mad at the officiating after that game.

Added confession: up until that game, I did not dislike Duke at all (I rooted for them in '91 against UNLV)... even liked K as a Knight protege. After that game, I hated Duke with a passion.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Mine probably was the 92 final 4 game against Duke

Others 93 against KU in the elite 8 and 86 against Cleveland St. in the first round

Regular season 89 on Nick Anderson's 35 foot shot at the buzzer

12 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

The 92 FF against Duke is the one for me... I was so mad at the officiating after that game.

That one was crushing too...For some reason the thing I remember best is Todd Leary valiantly trying to bring us back right at the end with 5 of our guys fouled out... 

The 1974 loss to Michigan in the Big 10 championship playoff game was a gut punch too...We lost a late season game to Ohio State (who was in the bottom half of the B10 that year) to force the tie breaker...At that time, of course, only 1 B10 team went to the tournament...so we went to something called the National Commissioners Invitational Tournament which we won handily...

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That one was crushing too...For some reason the thing I remember best is Todd Leary valiantly trying to bring us back right at the end with 5 of our guys fouled out... 

The 1974 loss to Michigan in the Big 10 championship playoff game was a gut punch too...We lost a late season game to Ohio State (who was in the bottom half of the B10 that year) to force the tie breaker...At that time, of course, only 1 B10 team went to the tournament...so we went to something called the National Commissioners Invitational Tournament which we won handily...

I remember missing a three pointer near the end that could have tied it up - despite the poor officiating (at least that is how I remember it - maybe it would not have tied us up)

5 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I remember missing a three pointer near the end that could have tied it up - despite the poor officiating (at least that is how I remember it - maybe it would not have tied us up)

Yes...Meeks missed a 3 that would have tied it...

56 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually DD kind of lost us that game because I think we were up 1 or tied and we were holding the ball.  DD turned his back to the defender and he stole the ball and they end up scoring to win the game.  That was the game right after he held Jordan to 13 points in the sweet 16

Funny how Dan never mentions that game...

Archived