Michigan insider says Iowa vs Michigan next weekend is....

eddy4iu

very real if not most likely possibility.

Chris Balas
@Balas_Wolverine
Big Ten sources tell us U-M at Iowa next Friday is a "very real, if not the most likely" possibility if the Wolverines can play on Champions Weekend (still up in the air with COVID and all). More in our ITF: #GoBlue

With Alvarez noting that Wiscy/Minny game could be protected are things trending to a greater possibility that Bucket game will be played if teams CAN play?

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

As much as I'd like to play Iowa, I think it makes sense to have us play Purdue. We're both having covid issues, so why not match us up against each other. If we don't recover in time, only 1 game is cancelled. If we're matched up against different teams, that could lead to 2 games being cancelled.

Feel the same way.

But for the CFP it would be better for us to play Iowa.

15 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Per his most recent tweet, Indiana is pushing the Big Ten to let them play Iowa next week. He says Purdue thinks it's doubtful they can even play next week.

https://twitter.com/Balas_Wolverine/status/1337920956581474304?s=20

What would happen if just one team can't play because it would be an odd number of teams.  I can see a scenario where PU can't play so the big ten will keep IU from playing next week.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What would happen if just one team can't play because it would be an odd number of teams.  I can see a scenario where PU can't play so the big ten will keep IU from playing next week.

I would think Indiana would be high on the list of teams the Big Ten wants to play, considering we are within striking distance of a NY6 bowl (and more money for the B1G).

Just now, btownqb said:

I posted in the IU football 2020 thread 2 days ago that we weren't going to play. I'm hearing it. I'm 98% sure we aren't playing. 

I would be really disappointed if we can't play, but still making an NY6 bowl would take all of that sting out.  Not playing, and not making an NY6 bowl would be a huge gut punch to end the year.

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I posted in the IU football 2020 thread 2 days ago that we weren't going to play. I'm hearing it. I'm 98% sure we aren't playing. 

Are you hearing something similar to what I heard? I heard we had 9 positives over a couple day span when we shut down, but I haven't heard that we're ruling out playing or anything. Last I heard we were cautiously optimistic but it was very much up in the air and it's really tough to predict.

Archived