Allen Named B1G COTY

KDB

47 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Congrats to coach!  So does IU need to open up their pocket books again and make sure Tom has no reason to consider leaving?  I am sure some big schools my look to throw some high offers his way in the coming weeks.

Rumors are already starting...Auburn is the first

Well deserved, and a no brainer IMO.  Too bad we didn't get a chance to see what he could have accomplished with this team over the course of a full season.  But, that much more to look forward to for next year.  The rumors are going to happen, but I am confident that he as at Indiana for at least the near future.  He is a different breed than most coaches, he's made a commitment to the kids he has recruited and I just don't see him baling on them just as the ship is getting righted.

Now on to national coach of the year accolades, he has to be at or near the top of list of candidates.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, btownqb said:

I've been wrong a lot before.. and have zero inside info... but.. I'm really not that nervous about him leaving.  

Same. I can't say he'll retire here, but I don't see him leaving for quite a long time. And if he does, he won't pull a Beliema and leave for a mid-pack SEC team. It'd be Bama, Texas or the handful of non-B10 programs on that level. 

On 12/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, btownqb said:

I've been wrong a lot before.. and have zero inside info... but.. I'm really not that nervous about him leaving.  

I think Coach Allen would unequivocally say that he hasn't finished his plan for our program.  We haven't reached all the goals he has on his list for our Hoosiers.  Still have work to do.  😊

Archived