MILEHIIU has passed away

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My God.  This is terrible news.  This is a man that loves this board like family.  

I think we should set up a memorial fund in Colonial Crester and Milehiiu's honor.  

Waffle head, if I can forward something to you, to send a card or something to Mrs. Mile.  

I always thought Ken would be the one guy on this board I could see a drove of posters come out of the shadows one day to honor and pay our respects to him.  What a surreal moment and year.  

Such heartbreaking news! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He was truly one of a kind with a heart of gold. I always looked forward to his well respected insight not only to IU sports, but to his genuine interest in the live of others. You could always count on him being the first guy to welcome a new HSN poster.😥

1 hour ago, Wafflehead_Fred said:

To anyone interested, I am putting together a fundraising campaign for his wife. Not only has she lost her partner, but also his retirement income and is now saddled with hospital bills. Mods, please let me know if I can provide details in a post or if it’s something that needs to be communicated through direct messaging. I’m more than happy to abide by the rules of the board.

Keep me posted.  

Just saw this and have a lump in my throat.  Just shocked.  I doubt any of us have the ability to process this right now.  

Mile was an ambassador for the site and truly interested in posters as people.  Kind of the uncle.  He initiated discussions on anything and everything, from food to travel to other interests as a way of conversing.  This board is about way more than the minutia of IU sports, it’s a community.  No one played a bigger role than Mile in that.  A very welcoming soul.  

I’m truly shocked as I’m sure you all are.  Prayers and thoughts. 

Rest In Peace, Ken. 

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Just saw this and have a lump in my throat.  Just shocked.  I doubt any of us have the ability to process this right now.  

Mile was an ambassador for the site and truly interested in posters as people.  Kind of the uncle.  He initiated discussions on anything and everything, from food to travel to other interests as a way of conversing.  This board is about way more than the minutia of IU sports, it’s a community.  No one played a bigger role than Mile in that.  A very welcoming soul.  

I’m truly shocked as I’m sure you all are.  Prayers and thoughts. 

Rest In Peace, Ken. 

Perfectly said. This is so ridiculously unfair.  

What a punch to the gut. Like Fred, I don't post here as much as I did on previous versions in the past, but I'm deeply affected by this tragic news.

Ken never held back his appreciation for everyone's contributions to this site, and I'll always be grateful for his welcoming demeanor. He made a conscious effort to be inclusive to all who enjoyed and shared in the passion of cheering on our Hoosiers. He established a culture of deep appreciation not only to IU, but to each other; this is not an insignificant thing to do with an online fan message board.

This hurts. If I may echo Mile, thank you all for participating in making this a fun, safe place, and looking out for one another. We're all connected and Ken is a big reason why.

RIP.

This is such a shocking gut punch. I don't even know how to process this. As others, I don't have words right now. All I can say is that his wife and family are in my thoughts. 

Rest easy, Mile! We will carry on the culture you and CC established here, but make no mistake it will never be the same. 

I have been a lurker at the multiple versions of this board over the years. I've rarely if ever posted. The times I have, Mile would always have something nice to say and often a friendly PM as well. What a huge loss. I just can't imagine not seeing his name pop up in the threads. Condolences to his family. You will be missed by many Mile.

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Waffle head, if I can forward something to you, to send a card or something to Mrs. Mile.  

I always thought Ken would be the one guy on this board I could see a drove of posters come out of the shadows one day to honor and pay our respects to him.  What a surreal moment and year.  

Thank you. Whatever you choose to do, I would be more than happy to pass on. I haven't gotten her consent to divulge details such as home address, but DM me and at the very least I can give you mine and will make sure her and their son receive it.

Archived