MILEHIIU has passed away

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He made everyone feel welcome to this board and never had a bad thing to say about anyone.  This should put things in perspective that you never know when your time comes. I guess this shows that what we discuss on here or what we argue about is not important.

This 100%.  Well said, Scott.  Rest in peace, Mile.  You will be missed in more ways than we can name.   😟 My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family.

I am so sad to see such a other huge loss for this community.  May Ken Rest In Peace and prayers to his family!

I started posting on the Site during the last Sampson year looking for a place to talk about everything going on with the team that year.  I found that IU sports site to be the best (compared to pegs) because of all the great people, but especially Ken.  He would message me on that site and was always happy to get a PM from me.  My time has become more limited as my family has grown and work responsibilities grew, but I always appreciated seeing him post and made me feel right back at home.

I will always remember his loathing of TrustinRoy, his willingness to be a friendly ear, and most of all his love for this community.  I really don’t do well with loss but in this case I just had to post now because I am will not let 2020 win.

Rest In Peace my friend, trust that you will not be forgotten and we all will make sure IU athletics lives on through us in your honor!

Oh man, logging on late and see this. Stunned and so sorry to hear that he passed away and like this. Ken has always been here, from the beginning. This may be just a message board but his passion has always been a part of it and all of the posts here reflect his positive impact. 
Thank you @Wafflehead_Fred for letting us know, and as Blue said please feel free to post any info that his family would wish to share. I know you and Ken were close, my condolences to you as well.

My condolences to his family. May peace be with them during this troubling time. Next to this board...I am shocked to see this. He was always caring and passionate in his messages and emails. My salute to you Mile! May you be carried into a much better life. Thank you for making this life much more rich with your presence! Peace be your journey Mile. To everyone else before anything else crazy happens I want to thank you all for all you do to help this poor shlub get his IU fix in everything IU cause we all jones for info about our favorite team. May peace be with you all during these holidays! 

I know I already posted once, but I have to again after time to process. Almost two years ago to the day my son was in the middle of his second of three hospitalizations due to pneumonia.  We watched Phinisee hit the shot to beat Butler there. I mentioned in one thread where I was and what was going on with my son. Ever since, whenever Mile would respond to a post of mine he would almost always conclude by checking on my son and wishing him well. That meant a lot to me. That was what I’ll remember most about him. He didn’t just care about members fandom, it was them as people and their lives that mattered to him. 

Crushed for his familly. 

.Folks Ive never met before perosanlly yet I feel truly blessed to have crossed paths with Ken in this world.Same for being friends with him! 

Shocked and devastated..

My deepest condolences to his family..Losing a husband and father let alone at Christmastime to a tragic accident.My prayers will also be with them.Not just rhetorically so either! 

I pray that each and everyone of you stay safe.

17 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I know I already posted once, but I have to again after time to process. Almost two years ago to the day my son was in the middle of his second of three hospitalizations due to pneumonia.  We watched Phinisee hit the shot to beat Butler there. I mentioned in one thread where I was and what was going on with my son. Ever since, whenever Mile would respond to a post of mine he would almost always conclude by checking on my son and wishing him well. That meant a lot to me. That was what I’ll remember most about him. He didn’t just care about members fandom, it was them as people and their lives that mattered to him. 

I was explaining to my wife the man that he was in the comments like these are exactly how I will remember him and a testament to the impact he had on this board.  

How is little Keet by the way?

6 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I was explaining to my wife the man that he was in the comments like these are exactly how I will remember him and a testament to the impact he had on this board.  

How is little Keet by the way?

Doing great. We was diagnosed with Asthma which was causing the frequent pneumonia. We have that under control and made it a year come January without a hospital stay. He is sitting next to me now doing his eLearning for school. Thanks for asking. Mile would be proud of you checking in on him. 

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Doing great. We was diagnosed with Asthma which was causing the frequent pneumonia. We have that under control and made it a year come January without a hospital stay. He is sitting next to me now doing his eLearning for school. Thanks for asking. Mile would be proud of you checking in on him. 

Wow you must have an early riser on your hands to be working already.  That's impressive

it really is tough.  i was trying to explain to my wife how long i had been on the same message board with him and hat although i didn't know him personally that he was one of the good guys.  i was telling her that we all often disagree and get after each other, but that he never made it personal or got aggressive with people... just a good dude.  i honestly got just a little choked up telling her about how he passed.  along those lines, and please, not trying to get off topic here, but does anyone know if HoosierTilDeath is okay?  

Archived