MILEHIIU has passed away

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gut punch #2, I went to catch up on a post in the recruiting thread and the first unread post I had in the thread was from Mile on Monday morning. 

We will carry on of course, but it’s really difficult to envision HSN without Mile. 

So heartbreaking the way this happened. Can't imagine what his family is going through. He will be missed greatly. 

Wow!

Just seeing this and am shocked. @milehiiu touched us all and will be remembered by all on this board. As @RoadToZionaptly put, Milehiiu was a true legend. I had hoped to one day get out to meet him one day. Sad that day will never come. Condolences and prayers to all those he impacted.

I will toast him soon with a beer and a slice of Lou Malnattis. RIP Ken.

I’m just now seeing this and and completely heartbroken for his family and friends and for Hoosier Nation.  I know I’m echoing things others have posted but It always felt to me that he was the heart of this board.  Always so welcoming and kind to everyone.  

Whenever I would post after being quiet/absent for a while he would always reply with a “good to hear from you Mama” and a “stay safe” more recently.  

Tomorrow morning I’m going to envision Mile and CC watching the Hoosiers together in heaven.  💔. So sad.  I really really really hate 2020.  

Horrible and heartbreaking news.  Prayers going out for Mile's family and loved ones.  There is nothing more I can add to the outstanding tributes within the posts before mine.  Mile was the first to greet me and welcome me to this board when I created my first post here.  He will be greatly missed but never forgotten by anyone who ever read his posts here.  RIP friend.

Honestly feel like I lost a grandpa, mentor, friend?  All of the above probably.

I remember when I first joined mile made a mention of doing his basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood in Missouri.  I responded that my grandpa grew up right down the road on his family farm in Devils Elbow, Missouri and did his basic training at Ft Leonard Wood. Alot of fun and interesting conversations came from that connection.  

Stunned.  Like many I followed Ken from board to board (and yes, he was the main reason I followed).  He was older than my mom, but I often joked that he was my brother from another mother.  His opinions often aligned with my own, which always made him a friendly voice.  When I read his posts or PM's, the voice in my head was Paul Harvey, its just how I envisioned him.  This is so tragic.  He seemed to be an ever present presence on the boards, at all hours of the night and day.  To think, since this pandemic began, Mile has closed many of his personal messages with "Be Safe".  

If there is any comfort to be taken from this, for me, it's that Eric and Ken will be sitting side by side in that great IU man-cave in the sky rooting on one of the best IU football teams in generations.  During the bowl game, Eric will be joking about Indonesian hookers, and Ken will be complaining that Kane Wommack was allowed to coach even after accepting the South Alabama job.

My condolences to the family.  An incredibly bright and warm light has been extinguished.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Join me in flooding the athletic department, CAM, and CTA contacts, asking them to reach out to Mrs. Mile in some way, form or fashion.  

Thank you @Wafflehead_Fred and

@bluegrassIU for being there in some form to Mrs. Mile (I remember him calling her that) as a representative to all of us here.  

Thank you. Just trying to do my part in keeping us united in unbelievably difficult times. HSN will carry on!

34 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Stunned.  Like many I followed Ken from board to board (and yes, he was the main reason I followed).  He was older than my mom, but I often joked that he was my brother from another mother.  His opinions often aligned with my own, which always made him a friendly voice.  When I read his posts or PM's, the voice in my head was Paul Harvey, its just how I envisioned him.  This is so tragic.  He seemed to be an ever present presence on the boards, at all hours of the night and day.  To think, since this pandemic began, Mile has closed many of his personal messages with "Be Safe".  

If there is any comfort to be taken from this, for me, it's that Eric and Ken will be sitting side by side in that great IU man-cave in the sky rooting on one of the best IU football teams in generations.  During the bowl game, Eric will be joking about Indonesian hookers, and Ken will be complaining that Kane Wommack was allowed to coach even after accepting the South Alabama job.

My condolences to the family.  An incredibly bright and warm light has been extinguished.

And their old buddy Lafayette Hoosier who preceded them in Hoosier glory a few years back.  

I can’t believe this! I’m in total shock.  Ken and I would PM each other a couple times a month.  Never got to meet him in person but felt like I knew him my whole life.  This is heartbreaking.  I’m at a loss for words. You are already missed Ken.  Prayers to his family.  Rest easy my friend!😢😢

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I can’t believe this! I’m in total shock.  Ken and I would PM each other a couple times a month.  Never got to meet him in person but felt like I knew him my whole life.  This is heartbreaking.  I’m at a loss for words. You are already missed Ken.  Prayers to his family.  Rest easy my friend!😢😢

mile was your biggest supporter. You know that. He spoke very highly of you. 

On 12/17/2020 at 8:57 PM, NotIThatLives said:

My God.  This is terrible news.  This is a man that loves this board like family.  

I think we should set up a memorial fund in Colonial Crester and Milehiiu's honor.  

Waffle head, if I can forward something to you, to send a card or something to Mrs. Mile.  

I always thought Ken would be the one guy on this board I could see a drove of posters come out of the shadows one day to honor and pay our respects to him.  What a surreal moment and year.  

He is the reason I have participated so much. Welcomed me with my first post and I sent him a PM why IU means so much to me and he encouraged me to participate, have fun and share my thoughts and stories.

And it led to so much more. The advice and help I have gotten from this site is a lifesaver.  

In memory of Mile / Ken and the civility he helped bring we are renaming our Rules forum "Milehiiu's Board Rules" -- (the name change will show up soon)

From back in his mod days, when he played a major role in setting up the rules for the Board, and continuously after, the relentless positivity and civility that he brought very much helped shape this place to one where civility and just good vibes have been the backbone of our spirit here. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

In memory of Mile / Ken and the civility he helped bring we are renaming our Rules forum "Milehiiu's Board Rules" -- (the name change will show up soon)

From back in his mod days, when he played a major role in setting up the rules for the Board, and continuously after, the relentless positivity and civility that he brought very much helped shape this place to one where civility and just good vibes have been the backbone of our spirit here. 

Hoopster.  Thanks to you and all the Mods.  It's doing things like this that makes this board stand out among others.  Don't see stuff like this on 247, Rivals, etc.  This board truly does feel like a family.  

13 hours ago, Muddy River said:

That brought a little smile to my face.

I recently started a thread in CC Corner about your favorite Christmas song. Mile responded right away with Mary didd you know. On Monday morning on my way to work I played some Christmas songs on my phone. I played that song. I fully intended to post and quote Mile that as I listened that morning when the phrase When you kiss your little baby
You kiss the face of God gave me goosebumps upon goosebumps.  I wish I would have made that post got to work and got busy and you know how it goes.  In honor of OUR friend here is a tribute song for Mike. We here can only Imagine but he now knows. 

live from Hawaii for our friend Craighoops

Archived